Nokia location technology will guide Toyota drivers
The first cars from Toyota with Nokia's mapping technology will arrive early 2014
IDG News Service - Toyota Motor Europe will use Nokia's mapping technology in its next-generation navigation and infotainment systems.
The car company will use a tailored packaging of Nokia's Here platform called Local Search for Automotive, which as the name suggests will give drivers access to mapping information and community-generated content, including ratings, reviews and images.
The first cars with Local Search are expected hit the road early next year in Europe, Russia and the Middle East, according to Toyota. The two companies will also collaborate on more services, Nokia said without delving into the details.
Nokia rebranded its location platform to Here in November, and has been working hard at signing up customers. So far it has landed deals with BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen and Hyundai. Oracle is onboard to use Nokia's mapping technology in its applications and Nokia is also responsible for the maps on Windows Phone 8.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- IDC Report: The Future of eMail is Social This paper discusses the changing nature of collaboration and work fueled by the social Web by examining current email trends and the emergence...
- The Business of Social Business Social business represents a significant transformational opportunity for organizations. Read this whitepaper to learn more.
- Six Ways Your Small Business Can Save with Internet Phone Service Traditional phone systems present two main problems for businesses: limited features and high costs. As a result, small businesses are migrating to Internet...
- Mobile Policy Checklist Here's what to consider when putting together a mobile policy designed to support a highly productive workforce.
- Supercharge Your Web and Mobile App Development with High-Productivity Hybrid Cloud Webinar: Hear from industry experts about the amazing power at the intersection of next-generation web and mobile application development and cloud platforms.
- Mobile Apps and Devices Slash Customer Cycle Time Consolidated Engineering Laboratories' field employees used to collect data on triplicate forms that were sometimes hard to read and difficult to manage. After... All Internet White Papers | Webcasts