Nokia location technology will guide Toyota drivers
The first cars from Toyota with Nokia's mapping technology will arrive early 2014
IDG News Service - Toyota Motor Europe will use Nokia's mapping technology in its next-generation navigation and infotainment systems.
The car company will use a tailored packaging of Nokia's Here platform called Local Search for Automotive, which as the name suggests will give drivers access to mapping information and community-generated content, including ratings, reviews and images.
The first cars with Local Search are expected hit the road early next year in Europe, Russia and the Middle East, according to Toyota. The two companies will also collaborate on more services, Nokia said without delving into the details.
Nokia rebranded its location platform to Here in November, and has been working hard at signing up customers. So far it has landed deals with BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen and Hyundai. Oracle is onboard to use Nokia's mapping technology in its applications and Nokia is also responsible for the maps on Windows Phone 8.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Social Media Education: The New Edge for Success Failure to train for social media will cost your business money. A recent report showed how digitally prepared companies can unlock up to...
- Social Media in Technology: A Unified Strategy for Success Find out how social media is sparking a new era of customer and industry-understanding in technology enterprises and how industry leaders are overcoming...
- Printer Installer: Eliminating Print Servers Printer Installer is an on-premise web application that enables you to centrally manage and deploy Windows shared or direct iP printers.
- How Network Connections Drive Web Application Performance Users around the globe, on all sorts of devices, expect Web applications to function as seamlessly as desktop applications. This paper discusses the...
- It's not too late...Get Your Mobile Questions Answered Live! How can IT provide seamless and secure mobile communications and collaboration for all? Join this live Webcast as IDG asks an expert panel...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success! All Internet White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!