Nokia location technology will guide Toyota drivers
The first cars from Toyota with Nokia's mapping technology will arrive early 2014
IDG News Service - Toyota Motor Europe will use Nokia's mapping technology in its next-generation navigation and infotainment systems.
The car company will use a tailored packaging of Nokia's Here platform called Local Search for Automotive, which as the name suggests will give drivers access to mapping information and community-generated content, including ratings, reviews and images.
The first cars with Local Search are expected hit the road early next year in Europe, Russia and the Middle East, according to Toyota. The two companies will also collaborate on more services, Nokia said without delving into the details.
Nokia rebranded its location platform to Here in November, and has been working hard at signing up customers. So far it has landed deals with BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen and Hyundai. Oracle is onboard to use Nokia's mapping technology in its applications and Nokia is also responsible for the maps on Windows Phone 8.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Data on the Move = Business on the Move; How Strategic Secure Managed File Transfer Adds Value and Drives Business This whitepaper describes the formal and informal file-sharing methods business employees use to perform their daily functions and explains that, from sending small...
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Supercharge Your Web and Mobile App Development with High-Productivity Hybrid Cloud Webinar: Hear from industry experts about the amazing power at the intersection of next-generation web and mobile application development and cloud platforms.
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Internet White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!