Symantec CEO on reorg: 'our system is just broken'
Symantec today, however, is the much larger rival in the head-to-head security match that has gone on for well over a decade with McAfee.
McAfee also wants to spur growth through new products and services, but will apparently take a different course than Symantec, which is looking to in-house research and development. Instead, McAfee seems more focused on acquisitions.
McAfee executives Bruce Snell, technical marketing manager with McAfee Security, and Jill Kyte, McAfee vice president of products and solutions marketing, made that clear earlier this week in discussing the Security Connected program, where McAfee works with third-party vendors to allow their products to work with some McAfee products, such as ePO and the McAfee security-event and information management product. McAfee on Feb. 25 plans to announce another acquisition during the RSA Conference, and is hinting it could be a company it's worked closely with under the McAfee Security Connected program.
Ellen Messmer is senior editor at Network World, an IDG publication and website, where she covers news and technology trends related to information security. Twitter: MessmerE. E-mail: email@example.com.
Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/analyst-ratings/analyst-color/12/11/3134710/update-jp-morgan-reiterates-symantec-at-overweight-on-ou#ixzz2ItecSQy0
Read more about wide area network in Network World's Wide Area Network section.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- ESG: The IBM FlashSystem 840: Technical Evolution to Deliver Business Value In this whitepaper, you will learn how this high-speed storage technology has tremendous potential to support I/O-intensive and/or latency-sensitive applications.
- Choosing an MDM Platform: Where to Start the Conversation If you're in the early stages of choosing an MDM solution, or you're considering switching vendors, here are seven critical questions to ask...
- Axeda Platform Technical Overview This paper summarizes the major features of an IoT platform and explains how they simplify and speed the process of developing and deploying...
- Stock Shock: The effect of project and portfolio management on share price In this independent report, you'll see the intrinsic connection between long-term capital investment and short term market performance -- and how this can...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts