Symantec CEO on reorg: 'our system is just broken'
Symantec today, however, is the much larger rival in the head-to-head security match that has gone on for well over a decade with McAfee.
McAfee also wants to spur growth through new products and services, but will apparently take a different course than Symantec, which is looking to in-house research and development. Instead, McAfee seems more focused on acquisitions.
McAfee executives Bruce Snell, technical marketing manager with McAfee Security, and Jill Kyte, McAfee vice president of products and solutions marketing, made that clear earlier this week in discussing the Security Connected program, where McAfee works with third-party vendors to allow their products to work with some McAfee products, such as ePO and the McAfee security-event and information management product. McAfee on Feb. 25 plans to announce another acquisition during the RSA Conference, and is hinting it could be a company it's worked closely with under the McAfee Security Connected program.
Ellen Messmer is senior editor at Network World, an IDG publication and website, where she covers news and technology trends related to information security. Twitter: MessmerE. E-mail: email@example.com.
Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/analyst-ratings/analyst-color/12/11/3134710/update-jp-morgan-reiterates-symantec-at-overweight-on-ou#ixzz2ItecSQy0
Read more about wide area network in Network World's Wide Area Network section.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Meeting Changing Information Management Needs with Next-Generation Email Archiving Learn more about the ever-changing landscape of next-generation email archiving and gain insight about information management needs in this Info-Tech whitepaper.
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud Service Modern organizations are under intense pressure to provide accurate, reliable, and speedy financial information to business decision-makers. Furthermore, complying with global standards has...
- Cloud for Business Managers in Midsize Organizations: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly Read this independent research report to learn how business managers around the world are using Cloud applications.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts