Symantec CEO on reorg: 'our system is just broken'
Symantec today, however, is the much larger rival in the head-to-head security match that has gone on for well over a decade with McAfee.
McAfee also wants to spur growth through new products and services, but will apparently take a different course than Symantec, which is looking to in-house research and development. Instead, McAfee seems more focused on acquisitions.
McAfee executives Bruce Snell, technical marketing manager with McAfee Security, and Jill Kyte, McAfee vice president of products and solutions marketing, made that clear earlier this week in discussing the Security Connected program, where McAfee works with third-party vendors to allow their products to work with some McAfee products, such as ePO and the McAfee security-event and information management product. McAfee on Feb. 25 plans to announce another acquisition during the RSA Conference, and is hinting it could be a company it's worked closely with under the McAfee Security Connected program.
Ellen Messmer is senior editor at Network World, an IDG publication and website, where she covers news and technology trends related to information security. Twitter: MessmerE. E-mail: email@example.com.
Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/analyst-ratings/analyst-color/12/11/3134710/update-jp-morgan-reiterates-symantec-at-overweight-on-ou#ixzz2ItecSQy0
Read more about wide area network in Network World's Wide Area Network section.
- Trends Shaping Software Management: 2014 Most IT executives recognize the relationship between mobile computing and worker productivity, and have long issued notebook computers and other mobile devices to...
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- REST easy: API Design, Evolution and Connection RESTful design increases API performance, reduces development effort, and minimizes operational support burden. By following a few best practices and selecting RESTful tooling,...
- DevOps meets ALM in the Cloud - Cloud DevOps PaaS To improve software delivery performance and effectiveness, teams need automation, governance, architecture best practices, and increased team collaboration. Find out more.
- ElectricAccelerator: Dramatically Faster Builds and Test ElectricAccelerator dramatically speeds up builds and test by parallelizing jobs across clusters of physical or cloud CPUs.
- Electric Cloud: Your AnthillPro Alternative Many organizations have become leery about AnthillPro since its acquisition by IBM. In this webinar, learn why ElectricCommander is an excellent alternative to... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!