IT Resume Makeover: Advice for the Tech Pro Who's Done It All
CIO - In a world full of noise, competition and short attention spans, your resume has to say a lot, in many cases, at a glance.
It's the marketing tool for your personal brand and the first impression that hiring managers, recruiters and HR reps get of you. Suffice to say, getting it right is paramount to successfully compete against the horde of IT professionals out there.
Misspellings, unexplained employment gaps or a simple list of past positions and responsibilities are all potential red flags that can make the decision-makers push your resume into the negative pile or make it go unnoticed completely.
Enter Arnold Stern
Meet Arnold Stern (not his real name). Stern has a long and successful career as an IT professional, an innovator and a problem-solver. He's won awards, worked for Fortune 500 companies, pharmaceutical companies and, most recently, was recruited into government IT as a problem solver to untangle some particularly complex issues. Stern was feeling the itch to again find a new challenge in the private sector and decided it was time to update his resume.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.