UK foreign exchange giant virtualizes data center
Moneycorp opts for Adapt's hosted infrastruture
Computerworld UK - Moneycorp, the UK foreign currency and payments company, is now supporting its services in a virtualized data center.
Founded in 1979, Moneycorp is a APS11bn provider of wholesale and commercial foreign exchange operations, with a growing network of bureau de change outlets and offering services to companies.
Moneycorp is using Adapt's Enterprise Virtual Data Centre (eVDC) fully hosted and managed system.
The deal will see Adapt deliver all of Moneycorp's production services with increased availability and performance, said Moneycorp, as well as strengthening the company's existing disaster recovery capabilities.
Kenneth Byrne, head of IT services at Moneycorp, said, "We wanted to significantly reduce the organisation's overall IT infrastructure risk by putting in place a highly resilient and reliable infrastructure, based around a dual data-center, mirrored-site offering."
Byrne said the company also wanted an infrastructure that would grow and scale to meet current and future expansion needs.
"We have managed to achieve both of these core aims quickly and at a competitive cost, allowing internal IT teams to re-focus from reactive hardware maintenance to more customer-centric and strategic input," said Byrne.
Adapt's eVDC has provided Moneycorp with synchronously replicated storage across two sites for maximum data and service availability.
Adapt has also provisioned a compute layer based on Cisco's UCS technology, coupled with VMware vSphere configured for maximum performance and memory/ CPU workloads.
In addition, Adapt procured and is managing a WAN infrastructure connecting Moneycorp's London offices using diverse carriers.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- ESG: The IBM FlashSystem 840: Technical Evolution to Deliver Business Value In this whitepaper, you will learn how this high-speed storage technology has tremendous potential to support I/O-intensive and/or latency-sensitive applications.
- Choosing an MDM Platform: Where to Start the Conversation If you're in the early stages of choosing an MDM solution, or you're considering switching vendors, here are seven critical questions to ask...
- Axeda Platform Technical Overview This paper summarizes the major features of an IoT platform and explains how they simplify and speed the process of developing and deploying...
- Stock Shock: The effect of project and portfolio management on share price In this independent report, you'll see the intrinsic connection between long-term capital investment and short term market performance -- and how this can...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts