UK foreign exchange giant virtualizes data center
Moneycorp opts for Adapt's hosted infrastruture
Computerworld UK - Moneycorp, the UK foreign currency and payments company, is now supporting its services in a virtualized data center.
Founded in 1979, Moneycorp is a APS11bn provider of wholesale and commercial foreign exchange operations, with a growing network of bureau de change outlets and offering services to companies.
Moneycorp is using Adapt's Enterprise Virtual Data Centre (eVDC) fully hosted and managed system.
The deal will see Adapt deliver all of Moneycorp's production services with increased availability and performance, said Moneycorp, as well as strengthening the company's existing disaster recovery capabilities.
Kenneth Byrne, head of IT services at Moneycorp, said, "We wanted to significantly reduce the organisation's overall IT infrastructure risk by putting in place a highly resilient and reliable infrastructure, based around a dual data-center, mirrored-site offering."
Byrne said the company also wanted an infrastructure that would grow and scale to meet current and future expansion needs.
"We have managed to achieve both of these core aims quickly and at a competitive cost, allowing internal IT teams to re-focus from reactive hardware maintenance to more customer-centric and strategic input," said Byrne.
Adapt's eVDC has provided Moneycorp with synchronously replicated storage across two sites for maximum data and service availability.
Adapt has also provisioned a compute layer based on Cisco's UCS technology, coupled with VMware vSphere configured for maximum performance and memory/ CPU workloads.
In addition, Adapt procured and is managing a WAN infrastructure connecting Moneycorp's London offices using diverse carriers.
- IDC: Eliminate Shortcomings in Your Cloud Architecture with Smarter Storage This white paper demonstrates how IBM Smarter Storage provides customers with an ideal, proven platform for cloud computing. IBM has a differentiated storage...
- Radicati: Cloud Business Email - Market Quadrant 2013 Google was named the top cloud business email provider in a recent report by research firm Radicati. Out of 14 key players, Google...
- Managed Private Cloud Protect and manage your entire enterprise continuously with Code42's simple, efficient Managed Private Cloud. Simply plug it in and rely on our data...
- Enterprise Cloud Deployment Strategies A powerful and highly flexible solution, CrashPlan lets organizations select their preferred cloud deployment strategy, resting assured all strategies meet or exceed rigorous...
- Video surveillance for IT: maximum image quality, minimum bandwidth Join us on Thursday, May 8th at 1 p.m. EST when Willem Ryan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Avigilon, will discuss how IT...
- Leveraging the Cloud for Dev/Test This video discusses some of the key considerations that IT organizations should take into account when moving test and development projects to the... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts