UK foreign exchange giant virtualizes data center
Moneycorp opts for Adapt's hosted infrastruture
Computerworld UK - Moneycorp, the UK foreign currency and payments company, is now supporting its services in a virtualized data center.
Founded in 1979, Moneycorp is a APS11bn provider of wholesale and commercial foreign exchange operations, with a growing network of bureau de change outlets and offering services to companies.
Moneycorp is using Adapt's Enterprise Virtual Data Centre (eVDC) fully hosted and managed system.
The deal will see Adapt deliver all of Moneycorp's production services with increased availability and performance, said Moneycorp, as well as strengthening the company's existing disaster recovery capabilities.
Kenneth Byrne, head of IT services at Moneycorp, said, "We wanted to significantly reduce the organisation's overall IT infrastructure risk by putting in place a highly resilient and reliable infrastructure, based around a dual data-center, mirrored-site offering."
Byrne said the company also wanted an infrastructure that would grow and scale to meet current and future expansion needs.
"We have managed to achieve both of these core aims quickly and at a competitive cost, allowing internal IT teams to re-focus from reactive hardware maintenance to more customer-centric and strategic input," said Byrne.
Adapt's eVDC has provided Moneycorp with synchronously replicated storage across two sites for maximum data and service availability.
Adapt has also provisioned a compute layer based on Cisco's UCS technology, coupled with VMware vSphere configured for maximum performance and memory/ CPU workloads.
In addition, Adapt procured and is managing a WAN infrastructure connecting Moneycorp's London offices using diverse carriers.
- Cloud Computing Drives IT and Business Agility Hybrid Cloud Accelerates Time to Value What is the main focus for IT in your organization - cost or agility? Many IT discussions today focus on cost controls rather...
- Infographic:10 Reasons to Choose vCloud Air Looking to create an agile, productive, and efficient IT environment? Read this simple infographic to learn about the benefits that VMware vCloud® Air™...
- 5 Hybrid Cloud Starting Points Did you know that more than 50% of organizations are already using or planning a move to hybrid cloud?
- Top 5 Reasons for Cloud-Based Disaster Recovery There is no question that every business wants to protect their operations from downtime and loss of data. But many companies don't have...
- Cloud BI in Action: Recorded Webinar of Customer, Kony, Inc. See how Kony, Inc., a leading enterprise mobility company, is using TIBCO Jaspersoft for Amazon Web Services and Redshift to achieve embedded analytics...
- Cloud BI Overview: Jaspersoft for AWS Check out this overview of Jaspersoft for AWS, to easily and affordably build business intelligence solutions as well as embed visualizations and analytics... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts