AT&T sold record number of smartphones in Q4
A new iPhone and handsets from competitors pushed the carrier to record unit sales
IDG News Service - AT&T sold a record number of smartphones in the last three months of 2012 as consumers snapped up new products from the likes of Apple and Samsung.
The company sold 10.2 million smartphones in the quarter, it said in a regulatory filing Thursday. Its previous best-ever quarter was the final three months of 2011, when it sold 9.2 million smartphones.
AT&T didn't break down its sales, but the strong demand was likely due to the launch of the iPhone 5, which went on sale a couple of weeks before the quarter began, and new cell phones from competitors such as Samsung, Nokia and HTC.
AT&T was a U.S. launch carrier for Windows Phone 8, which Microsoft put on sale in October.
The results mean AT&T sold a total of 26.9 million smartphones in 2012, up from 25.3 million in 2011.
The company is due to report its full-year results next Thursday.
Martyn Williams covers mobile telecoms, Silicon Valley and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Follow Martyn on Twitter at @martyn_williams. Martyn's e-mail address is email@example.com
- SANS: Next-Generation Datacenters = Next-Generation Security This whitepaper takes a look at some new technology that may allow security teams to implement more flexible and capable protection models in...
- SANS: Protecting Virtual Endpoints with McAfee Server Security Suite Essentials SANS review of McAfees Server Security Suite Essentials that address some of the emerging challenges of securing virtual platforms and cloud environments.
- Safeguarding the Next-Generation Data Center Use of virtual and cloud servers has exploded. Unfortunately, security often lags behind. McAfee recommends looking at innovative solutions in order to erect...
- Aberdeen: Securing the Evolving Datacenter This report highlights ways security technologies and services are evolving to provide the visibility and control needed to deploy workloads flexibly in the...
- Is SQL Server AlwaysOn really as powerful? Tips and Tricks from the field With the introduction of AlwaysOn, Windows Clustering Services is now more critical than ever.
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center... All Wireless Carriers White Papers | Webcasts