Adobe patches exploited ColdFusion flaws
Hotfixes for four critical vulnerabilities were released for different ColdFusion app server versions
IDG News Service - Adobe released security patches for its ColdFusion application server on Tuesday, addressing four critical vulnerabilities that have been actively exploited by attackers since the beginning of January.
The company published a security advisory about the four vulnerabilities, identified as CVE-2013-0625, CVE-2013-0629, CVE-2013-0631 and CVE-2013-0632, on Jan. 4 and said at the time that it was aware of these flaws being exploited in attacks against its customers.
Two of the vulnerabilities allows attackers to bypass the normal authentication restrictions of a ColdFusion application server in order to gain administrative access. Another flaw allows unauthorized users to access restricted directories, while the fourth can result in information disclosure on a compromised ColdFusion server.
On Tuesday, Adobe released hotfixes for ColdFusion versions 10, 9.0.2, 9.0.1 and 9.0. The company recommends that customers update their installations using the instructions provided in a help document for their respective product version.
Adobe classified these vulnerabilities as critical and assigned a priority rating of 1 -- the highest available -- to the released hotfixes.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The Threat Landscape Hardly a day goes by without the discovery of a new cyberthreat somewhere in the world! But how do you keep up with...
- Security for Virtualization In the rush to implement virtualization, security has become second. So while the business benefits are clear, the risks are less well documented...
- HP HAVEn: See the big picture in Big Data HP HAVEn is the industry's first comprehensive, scalable, open, and secure platform for Big Data. Enterprises are drowning in a sea of data...
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All Malware and Vulnerabilities White Papers | Webcasts