Cloud Sherpas buys two cloud consulting firms
Deals for Innoveer Solutions and Navigis strengthen Cloud Sherpas Salesforce.com and ServiceNow practices
IDG News Service - Cloud Sherpas is continuing its string of acquisitions of boutique consulting firms for cloud services, with the purchase of Innoveer Solutions and Navigis. Terms of the deals, which were announced Tuesday, were not disclosed.
Innoveer is focused on CRM (customer relationship management) software, with a particular emphasis on Salesforce.com. It has more than 750 customers and 2,000 successful implementations, according to Cloud Sherpas. The company also has European operations, giving Cloud Sherpas a physical presence in that region for the first time, Cloud Sherpas said.
Navigis, meanwhile, provides consulting and integration work for ServiceNow, a cloud-based IT help desk provider.
Cloud Sherpas is best known for its Salesforce.com and Google Apps-related services.
It has made a string of other acquisitions in the past several years, including last month's purchase of Cloudtrigger, a consultancy that also has close links to Salesforce.com. It also raised US$40 million in venture financing in December, a sign that investors expect the market for cloud integration services will heat up.
Cloud Sherpas faces competition on a number of fronts. Some comes from similar companies, such as Bluewolf and Appirio, that focus on cloud software. But large systems integrators such as Accenture and Deloitte have been building up practices around Salesforce.com and other major SaaS (software as a service) providers as well.
The market has even seen some consolidation on the part of SaaS vendors themselves, evidenced by Salesforce.com's 2011 acquisition of Model Metrics, one of the larger cloud systems integrators at the time.
There's no mystery behind all of this interest, given the fact that installing, customizing and maintaining enterprise software can cost much more over time than the license or subscription fees.
While SaaS vendors have long maintained that customers will save money and time compared to on-premises applications, the work done by companies such as Cloud Sherpas to configure and integrate SaaS applications still incurs a cost. These expenses, as well as the opportunities for the likes of Cloud Sherpas, could also rise as customers begin using more SaaS applications in conjunction as a best-of-breed suite.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris' email address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Meeting Changing Information Management Needs with Next-Generation Email Archiving Learn more about the ever-changing landscape of next-generation email archiving and gain insight about information management needs in this Info-Tech whitepaper.
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud Service Modern organizations are under intense pressure to provide accurate, reliable, and speedy financial information to business decision-makers. Furthermore, complying with global standards has...
- Cloud for Business Managers in Midsize Organizations: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly Read this independent research report to learn how business managers around the world are using Cloud applications.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts