Foxconn investigates employee bribery allegations
Foxconn said its supply chain operations are still operating normally
IDG News Service - Foxconn Technology Group is being investigated by authorities over allegations that some of its employees accepted bribes from suppliers.
The Taiwan-based manufacturing giant, which builds Apple's iPhone, has asked law enforcement officials to work with Foxconn's own internal audit team in investigating the allegations, the company said in a statement on Wednesday.
Foxconn said it is reviewing its policies to prevent employees from becoming involved in illegal payments. It would only say that a "number of employees" were under investigation.
On Thursday, the company said in a Taiwan stock exchange filing that it was still waiting for the investigation results from authorities. Foxconn's supply chain was operating normally, it added.
Foxconn made its statements after Taiwan's Next Magazine published a story detailing the bribery probe, and said Chinese police in Shenzhen had arrested a company employee.
Foxconn employs more than 1.2 million employees in China, where it has factories devoted to the manufacture of Apple products. The company also assembles handsets, tablets, TVs and video game systems for many other vendors including Microsoft, Sony, Sharp and Amazon.
This pilot fish is a contractor at a military base, working on some very cool fire-control systems for tanks. But when he spots something obviously wrong during a live-fire test, he can't get the firing-range commander's attention.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Reduce federal infrastructure risk with compliance management and situational awareness
- IBM continuous monitoring and management solutions deliver real-time situational awareness to help federal agencies understand vulnerabilities, and protect the infrastructure.
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery
- Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery
- Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Software Asset Management: Ensuring Today's Assets
- Today's trends like BYOD and SaaS are new and exciting in terms of how they will help make our jobs more productive but...
- Trends Shaping Software Management: 2014
- Most IT executives recognize the relationship between mobile computing and worker productivity, and have long issued notebook computers and other mobile devices to... All Government IT White Papers
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- IBM FlashSystem V840: Leveraging Software-Defined Flash to Drive Your Business With end-to-end, tightly integrated functionality and super-fast flash technology, products like IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution empower businesses to leverage the efficiency...
- Leveraging Flash Storage to Accelerate Oracle Real Application Clusters Join this webinar to understand the latest solid-state storage trends, the specific applications driving solid-state storage deployments and the benefits of deploying the...
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- All Government IT Webcasts