Zoho CRM update adds document repository, mobile location awareness
Zoho steps up its competition with Salesforce.com for small business customers
IDG News Service - Zoho continues to flesh out the feature set of its cloud-based CRM (customer relationship management) application, adding a new document library, advanced email filtering and location-aware mobile applications.
The features, which were announced Tuesday, come about a year after Zoho launched an update that featured an overhauled user interface, integration with LinkedIn and a social network-like feature called Pulse.
Zoho CRM's new Documents module provides salespeople with a central point for sharing sales-related materials, such as proposals and advertisements, with access controlled according to an individual's role. Professional Edition customers get 250MB of storage per user, while Enterprise version customers receive 500MB.
Another new feature, MailMagnet, is meant to help salespeople keep track of emails that matter most. Zoho CRM users receive notifications as emails arrive from people in their contact and lead lists. The feature is compatible with a number of mail services, including Gmail and Exchange.
Zoho has also added location awareness to its iPhone, iPad and Android mobile CRM applications. Contact and prospect data is applied to a map, allowing salespeople to see who is nearby.
At this point, Zoho CRM has become a credible alternative to Salesforce.com for customers with five to 50 employees, as have other CRM applications such as SugarCRM, said analyst Ray Wang, CEO of Constellation Research.
Zoho offers a lower-end CRM edition at no charge for up to three users. Professional Edition is US$12 per user per month, while Enterprise costs $25 per user per month. All paying customers get the new document library feature, while MailMagnet comes at no charge for those paying for the Mail add-on, which is $5 per user per month. Location awareness is included with Zoho CRM Mobile Edition, which is an add-on priced at $3 per user per month.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris' email address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Increase IT Performance from the Enterprise to the Cloud with WAN Optimization Massive consolidation and data mobility, enabled by virtualization, have radically altered how we build servers, design applications, and deploy storage for the emerging...
- Live Webcast
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior.
- Service-Enabling CICS Applications: Best Practices This informative webcast provides an informed, thorough look into CICS service-enablement options and how they can affect your environment. You'll learn how to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts