Zoho CRM update adds document repository, mobile location awareness
Zoho steps up its competition with Salesforce.com for small business customers
IDG News Service - Zoho continues to flesh out the feature set of its cloud-based CRM (customer relationship management) application, adding a new document library, advanced email filtering and location-aware mobile applications.
The features, which were announced Tuesday, come about a year after Zoho launched an update that featured an overhauled user interface, integration with LinkedIn and a social network-like feature called Pulse.
Zoho CRM's new Documents module provides salespeople with a central point for sharing sales-related materials, such as proposals and advertisements, with access controlled according to an individual's role. Professional Edition customers get 250MB of storage per user, while Enterprise version customers receive 500MB.
Another new feature, MailMagnet, is meant to help salespeople keep track of emails that matter most. Zoho CRM users receive notifications as emails arrive from people in their contact and lead lists. The feature is compatible with a number of mail services, including Gmail and Exchange.
Zoho has also added location awareness to its iPhone, iPad and Android mobile CRM applications. Contact and prospect data is applied to a map, allowing salespeople to see who is nearby.
At this point, Zoho CRM has become a credible alternative to Salesforce.com for customers with five to 50 employees, as have other CRM applications such as SugarCRM, said analyst Ray Wang, CEO of Constellation Research.
Zoho offers a lower-end CRM edition at no charge for up to three users. Professional Edition is US$12 per user per month, while Enterprise costs $25 per user per month. All paying customers get the new document library feature, while MailMagnet comes at no charge for those paying for the Mail add-on, which is $5 per user per month. Location awareness is included with Zoho CRM Mobile Edition, which is an add-on priced at $3 per user per month.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris' email address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- ESG: The IBM FlashSystem 840: Technical Evolution to Deliver Business Value In this whitepaper, you will learn how this high-speed storage technology has tremendous potential to support I/O-intensive and/or latency-sensitive applications.
- Choosing an MDM Platform: Where to Start the Conversation If you're in the early stages of choosing an MDM solution, or you're considering switching vendors, here are seven critical questions to ask...
- Axeda Platform Technical Overview This paper summarizes the major features of an IoT platform and explains how they simplify and speed the process of developing and deploying...
- Stock Shock: The effect of project and portfolio management on share price In this independent report, you'll see the intrinsic connection between long-term capital investment and short term market performance -- and how this can...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts