Imation buys solid-state storage vendor Nexsan
The company expects that the $120 million deal will help it expand into the small and medium-size business market
IDG News Service - Imation, a storage and data security company, has acquired Nexsan, a vendor of disk-based storage systems, in a deal worth about $120 million, the company announced.
The acquisition of Nexsan gives Imation a portfolio of disk-based and hybrid disk and solid-state storage systems, Imation said Wednesday. Nexsan, based in Thousand Oaks, California, has more than 11,000 customers worldwide.
Imation expects the deal to accelerate its growth in the small and medium-size business and distributed enterprise storage markets, the company said.
One of Imation's priorities will be to focus on the "underserved SMB market with purpose-built storage systems and appliances," Mark Lucas, president and CEO of Imation, said in a statement. A "This is a market that Nexsan knows well."
The transaction included about $105 million in cash and 3.3 million shares of Imation common stock, worth about $15 million.
Nexsan had revenue of $82 million in 2011.Approximately 200 employees, based in the U.S., U.K. and Canada, joined Imation with this acquisition. A The Nexsan business will continue to operate from Nexsan's current headquarters under existing management, Imation said.A
Imation will consider integration of Nexsan with its tiered storage and security business in the first quarter of this year.
- ESG Lab Report: Virident FlashMAX Connect Performance Advantage with vCache on a single Oracle instance View Now>>
- Accelerating Oracle with Preferred Reads Storage based configuration. View Now>>
- What is this "File Sync" Thing and Why Should I Care About It? All of a sudden, getting a file from your work laptop to your iPad became as simple as clicking "Save." So it's no...
- The Keys to Securing Data in a Collaborative Workplace Losing data is costly. IT professionals have spent years learning how to protect their organizations from hackers, but how do you ward off...
- The Key to Happiness: Throw out Your Data Warehouse In this webinar, Kerry Reitnauer, Director, Solution Architect at FairPoint Communications will discuss the challenges the data warehouse brought, how they migrated to...
- The Foundation You Need to Build a Better Storage Infrastructure Watch this webcast to hear how you can maximize the economics of your data center by modifying your storage footprint and power usage... All Data Storage White Papers | Webcasts