Imation buys solid-state storage vendor Nexsan
The company expects that the $120 million deal will help it expand into the small and medium-size business market
IDG News Service - Imation, a storage and data security company, has acquired Nexsan, a vendor of disk-based storage systems, in a deal worth about $120 million, the company announced.
The acquisition of Nexsan gives Imation a portfolio of disk-based and hybrid disk and solid-state storage systems, Imation said Wednesday. Nexsan, based in Thousand Oaks, California, has more than 11,000 customers worldwide.
Imation expects the deal to accelerate its growth in the small and medium-size business and distributed enterprise storage markets, the company said.
One of Imation's priorities will be to focus on the "underserved SMB market with purpose-built storage systems and appliances," Mark Lucas, president and CEO of Imation, said in a statement. A "This is a market that Nexsan knows well."
The transaction included about $105 million in cash and 3.3 million shares of Imation common stock, worth about $15 million.
Nexsan had revenue of $82 million in 2011.Approximately 200 employees, based in the U.S., U.K. and Canada, joined Imation with this acquisition. A The Nexsan business will continue to operate from Nexsan's current headquarters under existing management, Imation said.A
Imation will consider integration of Nexsan with its tiered storage and security business in the first quarter of this year.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- OpenStack Hype vs. Reality: CIO Quick Pulse Open-source architecture can enable IT departments to build infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) clouds running on standard hardware.
- OpenStack and Red Hat: IDC White paper Most OpenStack deployments are by public cloud providers that are early adopters of technology and use OpenStack in a do-it-yourself deployment and support...
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform Datasheet Seamlessly transition to the cloud. Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform delivers an integrated foundation to create, deploy, and scale a secure and...
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Make or Break: New Auto Products Must Go To Market On Time This Webcast quantifies the value of time to market for the auto industry and highlights how Primavera Enterprise Portfolio Management can help organizations.
- IBM Flash Webcast: Optimizing your Datacenter for Efficient Storage & ROI Register for this webcast to learn the benefits of flash storage from IBM Customer, Leonardo Irastorza of Royal Caribbean Cruise Ltd and Storage... All Data Storage White Papers | Webcasts