IT manager's revitalization guide 2013
Take a moment to retool your personal and professional priorities with some of our most insightful tech management articles
Computerworld - For seasoned and new IT leaders alike, it's always a good idea to pause and take stock of your professional and personal progress as an IT manager.
Take a few moments to read through the best of Computerworld's management and career articles, or click a link below to skip directly to your chosen topic.
- Embrace big ideas
- Build productive relationships
- Be a better boss
- Take care of your career
- Make a big move
- Try something completely different
Embrace big ideas
Maximize the return on your investments in disruptive trends like big data, cloud computing and mobility.
Some companies have discovered that the benefits of sharing data more widely are well worth the costs and effort.
The consumerization of IT has some managers giving up gatekeeping. The result? More productive employees, more rewarding tech jobs.
When the last Cobol programmers walk out the door, so may 50 years of business processes within the software they created. Will you be ready?
Tech-savvy employees have long bypassed IT to get their hands on hot technologies. Rather than standing in the way, smart CIOs are now embracing and even encouraging shadow IT.
Despite the talent shortage, some managers still search for employees with an impossible set of skills. Instead, they should work to improve the talent they have.
Companies like Google and 3M give tech workers free time to follow their passions. Could it work for your organization?
Users are demanding their own smartphones, and support-weary IT is only too happy to hand over the reins.
Sometimes not adopting a hot new technology is the wisest business decision you can make. Four CIOs tell their tales.
You want the best and the brightest money can buy. Or do you? In fact, you're better served by a group of developers with mixed skill levels who focus on getting the job done.
Idea management can help your organization stay competitive. Here are 10 best practices for getting the most from it.
Barraged with requests for mobile, social and analytics apps, IT must prioritize projects to give the business what it wants.
The Future of IT: From Chaos to Service Automation
Learn how innovative CIOs are automating IT services and:
* Delivering business solutions, including cloud services and app development on one SaaS platform...
What Does Friction Between Business and IT Cost your Organization?
See what 900 business and IT professionals had to say and get recommendations for change.
- Making the Move to a Cloud-Based IT Service Management (ITSM) Platform Today's mature cloud-based ITSM solutions can give you the flexibility and agility you need-without sacrificing security, stability or performance.
- A Practical Guide to Understand and Benefit from the Consumerization of IT This guide explores the realities of IT Consumerization to define challenges and opportunities. Learn best practices and get actionable recommendations.
- Live Webcast 5 Steps to Assuring Quality of Experience In order to align monitoring and management practices with the true demands of the business, IT professionals must expand beyond traditional comfort zones...
- 5 Steps to Assuring Quality of Experience In order to align monitoring and management practices with the true demands of the business, IT professionals must expand beyond traditional comfort zones...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success! All IT Leadership White Papers | Webcasts