IT manager's revitalization guide 2013
Take a moment to retool your personal and professional priorities with some of our most insightful tech management articles
Computerworld - For seasoned and new IT leaders alike, it's always a good idea to pause and take stock of your professional and personal progress as an IT manager.
Take a few moments to read through the best of Computerworld's management and career articles, or click a link below to skip directly to your chosen topic.
- Embrace big ideas
- Build productive relationships
- Be a better boss
- Take care of your career
- Make a big move
- Try something completely different
Embrace big ideas
Maximize the return on your investments in disruptive trends like big data, cloud computing and mobility.
Some companies have discovered that the benefits of sharing data more widely are well worth the costs and effort.
The consumerization of IT has some managers giving up gatekeeping. The result? More productive employees, more rewarding tech jobs.
When the last Cobol programmers walk out the door, so may 50 years of business processes within the software they created. Will you be ready?
Tech-savvy employees have long bypassed IT to get their hands on hot technologies. Rather than standing in the way, smart CIOs are now embracing and even encouraging shadow IT.
Despite the talent shortage, some managers still search for employees with an impossible set of skills. Instead, they should work to improve the talent they have.
Companies like Google and 3M give tech workers free time to follow their passions. Could it work for your organization?
Users are demanding their own smartphones, and support-weary IT is only too happy to hand over the reins.
Sometimes not adopting a hot new technology is the wisest business decision you can make. Four CIOs tell their tales.
You want the best and the brightest money can buy. Or do you? In fact, you're better served by a group of developers with mixed skill levels who focus on getting the job done.
Idea management can help your organization stay competitive. Here are 10 best practices for getting the most from it.
Barraged with requests for mobile, social and analytics apps, IT must prioritize projects to give the business what it wants.
- The Social Business: Unlocking the collective knowledge of people Five years ago, IBM observed the planet was becoming instrumented, interconnected and intelligent. 20,000 engagements later, here's what we know and believe about...
- Market Overview: Digital Customer Experience Delivery Platforms Forrester states that businesses today struggle to understand and use the tools necessary to create and manage unified, multichannel digital customer experiences across...
- Enabling Unified Service Delivery Management With the nGeniusONE Platform Today's IT organizations manage diverse business services comprising a host of applications running on many server farms within the data center.
- Transform Your Data Center from Basic to Strategic by Increasing Operational Efficiency and Optimizing Intelligence Find out how data center and facilities management are able to use DCIM solutions and a pioneering "zone" approach to bridge the information...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Zoning in on Energy and Physical Infrastructure Management In this Webcast you will learn how to develop and execute a strategy to optimize the energy efficiency of your data center. All IT Leadership White Papers | Webcasts