Managing devices in a BYOD environment is no mean feat, and the right mobile device management (MDM) product can be a key component in making it work. Here are 10 leading MDM products on the market today.
'Tis the season for online scams. Here are 12 of the most dangerous scams you're likely to see this holiday season.
The hacktivist collective Anonymous began getting media attention in 2008 with its attacks on the Church of Scientology. Three years later, Anonymous and its many offshoots and associations, including LulzSec, AntiSec, TeamPoison and the Peoples Liberation Front, reached the pinnacle of their infamy with major attacks on powerful corporations and government agencies. Here, CIO.com presents in pictures an abridged (and admittedly U.S.-centric) timeline of hacktivist activity.
From Lockheed Martin and HBGary Federal to the U.S. government and Cornell University, no one is immune to humiliating security glitches.
Encrypted storage, malware scanners, missing-phone-finders and more: Here are 20 apps to help protect your smartphone, your privacy and your data.
Security experts hammer on security ideas they say are just "myths."
Here are highlights from RSA Conference 2012.
Social engineers, or "human hackers," have been duping victims from the very beginning of human existence. Here are nine infamous con artists who made history with their scams and schemes.
Enjoy hacking, Hollywood-style, with these video games.
The annual security fest featured thrills and chills as the pros did their best to make everyone feel afraid.
From Apple, to Symantec and Anonymous, lots of people, companies and groups influence the IT security world.
These tablets have extra security features that will keep your work safe and your IT pros happy.
Thor Olavsrud covers IT Security, Big Data, Open Source, Microsoft Tools and Servers for CIO.com. Follow Thor on Twitter @ThorOlavsrud. Follow everything from CIO.com on Twitter @CIOonline and on Facebook. Email Thor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about security in CIO's Security Drilldown.
- Radicati: Cloud Business Email - Market Quadrant 2013 Google was named the top cloud business email provider in a recent report by research firm Radicati. Out of 14 key players, Google...
- Tablets in the Enterprise: A Checklist for Successful Deployment How can you enterprise manage and secure tablets in order to protect corporate data while providing access to the information and applications employees...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- Enterprise File Sync & Share Checklist File sync and share has changed the way people work and collaborate in today's tech-savvy world. Gone are the email roadblocks, clunky FTP...
- Live Webcast LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Security White Papers | Webcasts