Managing devices in a BYOD environment is no mean feat, and the right mobile device management (MDM) product can be a key component in making it work. Here are 10 leading MDM products on the market today.
'Tis the season for online scams. Here are 12 of the most dangerous scams you're likely to see this holiday season.
The hacktivist collective Anonymous began getting media attention in 2008 with its attacks on the Church of Scientology. Three years later, Anonymous and its many offshoots and associations, including LulzSec, AntiSec, TeamPoison and the Peoples Liberation Front, reached the pinnacle of their infamy with major attacks on powerful corporations and government agencies. Here, CIO.com presents in pictures an abridged (and admittedly U.S.-centric) timeline of hacktivist activity.
From Lockheed Martin and HBGary Federal to the U.S. government and Cornell University, no one is immune to humiliating security glitches.
Encrypted storage, malware scanners, missing-phone-finders and more: Here are 20 apps to help protect your smartphone, your privacy and your data.
Security experts hammer on security ideas they say are just "myths."
Here are highlights from RSA Conference 2012.
Social engineers, or "human hackers," have been duping victims from the very beginning of human existence. Here are nine infamous con artists who made history with their scams and schemes.
Enjoy hacking, Hollywood-style, with these video games.
The annual security fest featured thrills and chills as the pros did their best to make everyone feel afraid.
From Apple, to Symantec and Anonymous, lots of people, companies and groups influence the IT security world.
These tablets have extra security features that will keep your work safe and your IT pros happy.
Thor Olavsrud covers IT Security, Big Data, Open Source, Microsoft Tools and Servers for CIO.com. Follow Thor on Twitter @ThorOlavsrud. Follow everything from CIO.com on Twitter @CIOonline and on Facebook. Email Thor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about security in CIO's Security Drilldown.
- PCI 3.0 Compliance In this white paper, learn how PCI-DSS 3.0 effects how you deploy and maintain PCI compliant networks using CradlePoint devices.
- Mitigating Security Risks at the Networks Edge This white paper provides strategies and best practices for distributed enterprises to protect their networks against vulnerabilities, threats, and malicious attacks.
- 5 Strategies for Modern Data Protection Read the five strategies for modern data protection that will not only help solve your current data management challenges but also ensure that...
- 5 Ways Dropbox for Business Keeps Your Data Protected Protecting your data isn't a feature on a checklist, something to be tacked on as an afterthought. Download here to find out how...
- Business-driven data protection Setting up data protection infrastructures with your organizations' core mission or business in mind is key. In this webinar, the ARCserve team will...
- On-Demand Webinar: Mind the Gap! Watch the webinar featuring Bob Janssen, CTO and Co-Founder of RES Software, to start building a solid foundation for business and IT to... All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!