For IT Job-Hunters, Relocation Is a Family Affair
CIO - Scott Bond, an IT director who's currently consulting while in transition, is staying put. When he's been offered job opportunities that required relocation in the past, Bond's answer has always been a polite, "No, thank you."
That's how Bond has dealt with the age-old question of whether IT managers should relocate for new jobs. Some see relocation as essential to an IT executive's career path; Bond doesn't.
When asked if his family would consider moving, Bond jokes, "My wife and I have four generations represented within the Philadelphia area, and, no, they would not relocate with us. They all have careers, too!"
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- 5 Customers Deliver Virtual Desktops and Apps to Empower a Modern Workforce Learn how Citrix solutions helped 5 companies realize the full value of desktop virtualization through a project-by-project approach based on key business priorities.
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily... All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts