For IT Job-Hunters, Relocation Is a Family Affair
CIO - Scott Bond, an IT director who's currently consulting while in transition, is staying put. When he's been offered job opportunities that required relocation in the past, Bond's answer has always been a polite, "No, thank you."
That's how Bond has dealt with the age-old question of whether IT managers should relocate for new jobs. Some see relocation as essential to an IT executive's career path; Bond doesn't.
When asked if his family would consider moving, Bond jokes, "My wife and I have four generations represented within the Philadelphia area, and, no, they would not relocate with us. They all have careers, too!"
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- The Future of IT: A Customer First Approach Explore how customer-first policies can make use of social, mobile and cloud technologies to give workers the freedom and flexibility they desire to...
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- Bringing software licenses into compliance A hospital group received a software license audit, so they called in CDW to help define and manage their software licensing status.
- Software license renewal solutions that insure compliance A large design group with a software license renewal challenge employs a software asset management (SAM) tool from CDW to insure compliance. All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts