For IT Job-Hunters, Relocation Is a Family Affair
CIO - Scott Bond, an IT director who's currently consulting while in transition, is staying put. When he's been offered job opportunities that required relocation in the past, Bond's answer has always been a polite, "No, thank you."
That's how Bond has dealt with the age-old question of whether IT managers should relocate for new jobs. Some see relocation as essential to an IT executive's career path; Bond doesn't.
When asked if his family would consider moving, Bond jokes, "My wife and I have four generations represented within the Philadelphia area, and, no, they would not relocate with us. They all have careers, too!"
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- Considerations For Effective Software License Management For many reasons, software license management has become a critical issue for many IT organizations and enterprise's alike. With many licensing options, hurdles...
- It's not too late...Get Your Mobile Questions Answered Live! How can IT provide seamless and secure mobile communications and collaboration for all? Join this live Webcast as IDG asks an expert panel...
- Why do you need an enterprise mobile platform? Today companies must offer great apps that run on a range of devices, and connect to an exploding set of backend data. Appcelerator... All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts