Yahoo's Flickr offers 3 free months of its Pro service
Services provides uploads up to 50MB per photo and unlimited viewing of your photo library, among other goodies.
PC World - Yahoo's holiday gift to the masses is three free months of its Flickr Pro photo and video hosting service, which normally costs $24.95 a year.
Sign up and you get unlimited uploads up to 50MB per photo, unlimited viewing of your photo library, the ability to post photos in as many as 60 groups as well as download high-resolution images and upload and play unlimited HD videos.
It's a pretty good deal for photo and video enthusiasts considering a free Flickr account normally only lets you upload 300MB every month, only view your most recent 200 photos, post photos in up to 10 groups, download smaller resized images and upload up to two videos a month.
There's a small catch, as Yahoo includes a disclaimer with the deal.
"To avoid abuse of our unlimited storage, we do monitor accounts for excessive usage. Yahoo! limits the number and size of photos allowed from an account within a given time frame. While our goal is to ensure that everyone benefits from unlimited storage, Flickr is not intended to be used as a content distribution network," reads the fine print that accompanies the offer.
The free holiday gift is even open to people who don't yet have a Flickr account. You can sign up using a Yahoo, Facebook or Google account and you don't need to lay down a credit card number.
After signing on, pick a Flickr screen name and choose the holiday gift. After three months, your account reverts to a free Flickr account -- no strings attached.
The older terms could give the company just as much license to control your content as before.
Get Yahoo's holiday gift here.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- ESG: The IBM FlashSystem 840: Technical Evolution to Deliver Business Value In this whitepaper, you will learn how this high-speed storage technology has tremendous potential to support I/O-intensive and/or latency-sensitive applications.
- Choosing an MDM Platform: Where to Start the Conversation If you're in the early stages of choosing an MDM solution, or you're considering switching vendors, here are seven critical questions to ask...
- Axeda Platform Technical Overview This paper summarizes the major features of an IoT platform and explains how they simplify and speed the process of developing and deploying...
- Stock Shock: The effect of project and portfolio management on share price In this independent report, you'll see the intrinsic connection between long-term capital investment and short term market performance -- and how this can...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts