Yahoo's Flickr offers 3 free months of its Pro service
Services provides uploads up to 50MB per photo and unlimited viewing of your photo library, among other goodies.
PC World - Yahoo's holiday gift to the masses is three free months of its Flickr Pro photo and video hosting service, which normally costs $24.95 a year.
Sign up and you get unlimited uploads up to 50MB per photo, unlimited viewing of your photo library, the ability to post photos in as many as 60 groups as well as download high-resolution images and upload and play unlimited HD videos.
It's a pretty good deal for photo and video enthusiasts considering a free Flickr account normally only lets you upload 300MB every month, only view your most recent 200 photos, post photos in up to 10 groups, download smaller resized images and upload up to two videos a month.
There's a small catch, as Yahoo includes a disclaimer with the deal.
"To avoid abuse of our unlimited storage, we do monitor accounts for excessive usage. Yahoo! limits the number and size of photos allowed from an account within a given time frame. While our goal is to ensure that everyone benefits from unlimited storage, Flickr is not intended to be used as a content distribution network," reads the fine print that accompanies the offer.
The free holiday gift is even open to people who don't yet have a Flickr account. You can sign up using a Yahoo, Facebook or Google account and you don't need to lay down a credit card number.
After signing on, pick a Flickr screen name and choose the holiday gift. After three months, your account reverts to a free Flickr account -- no strings attached.
The older terms could give the company just as much license to control your content as before.
Get Yahoo's holiday gift here.
- Trends Shaping Software Management: 2014 Most IT executives recognize the relationship between mobile computing and worker productivity, and have long issued notebook computers and other mobile devices to...
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- REST easy: API Design, Evolution and Connection RESTful design increases API performance, reduces development effort, and minimizes operational support burden. By following a few best practices and selecting RESTful tooling,...
- DevOps meets ALM in the Cloud - Cloud DevOps PaaS To improve software delivery performance and effectiveness, teams need automation, governance, architecture best practices, and increased team collaboration. Find out more.
- ElectricAccelerator: Dramatically Faster Builds and Test ElectricAccelerator dramatically speeds up builds and test by parallelizing jobs across clusters of physical or cloud CPUs.
- Electric Cloud: Your AnthillPro Alternative Many organizations have become leery about AnthillPro since its acquisition by IBM. In this webinar, learn why ElectricCommander is an excellent alternative to... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!