10 free Drupal modules that make development easier
At first, it's not easy to understand what Field group actually does. The project's description merely says it "groups fields together." Well, okay, thanks.
Dig into it a bit more, though, and all becomes clear: Field group lets you take the fields of any Drupal form that you create and display them in whatever way you want. So you can create a multi-page form or use tabs, accordion controls (expandable panes or tabs) or other Web page wrappers to separate fields and make them easier to use.
It took me a bit of time to figure out how Field group was put together (it only shows up, after all, on nodes that actually contain fields to manage). But once that problem was solved, then managing field groups was a simple matter.
Is Field group an indispensable module? If you are not really worried about forms on your site, then you can probably skip it. But if you do have forms that you want to make more user friendly, this is the module to use.
Working with Media was a pleasant experience, if only because it's something that I have come across before on Drupal sites.
Until recently, dealing with media files in Drupal has been a cumbersome process, at best. It was never something that was pleasant or unpleasant -- just something to deal with in the course of creating content.
Media changes the game. It's faster than the Drupal core tools and more intuitive. In an article editor, just click on the Image icon, and you can choose from a local file, select something already stored in the Media folder or pull something in from the Web via its URL -- even a YouTube video.
Media offers, very simply, functionality that must be in your site's tool collection.
Since menus are a big part of Drupal's infrastructure, it's a little surprising that the menu editing and configuration controls in Drupal are as limited as they are.
Menu block gets around this problem by enabling a much deeper level of menu configuration within Drupal.
It was nice to be able to play with the menu settings with this tool. I was thinking about all of the things that I wish I'd been able to do with menus the last time I worked with a Drupal site, and found myself a bit bitter that Menu block wasn't available then.
But it's here now, which is all that matters. Save yourself some menu headaches and grab this module today.
- How Network Connections Drive Web Application Performance Users around the globe, on all sorts of devices, expect Web applications to function as seamlessly as desktop applications. This paper discusses the...
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Software Asset Management: Ensuring Today's Assets Today's trends like BYOD and SaaS are new and exciting in terms of how they will help make our jobs more productive but...
- IBM FlashSystem V840: Leveraging Software-Defined Flash to Drive Your Business With end-to-end, tightly integrated functionality and super-fast flash technology, products like IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution empower businesses to leverage the efficiency...
- Leveraging Flash Storage to Accelerate Oracle Real Application Clusters Join this webinar to understand the latest solid-state storage trends, the specific applications driving solid-state storage deployments and the benefits of deploying the... All Web Apps White Papers | Webcasts