IBM plans to buy e-discovery firm StoredIQ
IBM will roll StoredIQ software into its information governance portfolio
IDG News Service - In a move to expand its portfolio of information governance software, IBM is acquiring e-discovery software vendor StoredIQ.
Founded in 2001, StoredIQ offers e-discovery systems that help organizations index, store, de-duplicate and delete their unstructured data. The process, which IBM calls information lifecycle governance, can help organizations comply with regulations, respond to litigation and cut storage costs by reducing data volume.
StoredIQ is the latest in a number of acquisitions IBM has made in the information management space. IBM purchased e-discovery vendor PSS Systems in 2010 and enterprise search vendor Vivisimo in 2012. IBM will fold StoredIQ into its software group, and will offer StoredIQ software as part of its Information Lifecycle Governance portfolio.
StoredIQ is a privately held company based in Austin, Texas, and has over 120 enterprise customers worldwide, including companies in the financial services, health care, government and manufacturing industries.
Because StoredIQ's architecture allows the software to run across multiple servers, it could manage petabytes worth of information. Because of this distributed capability, the company has recently rebranded itself as a big data vendor. The company also claims its systems can be installed and configured quickly, in hours rather than months that it says other e-discovery packages can take. StoredIQ delivers its software either on servers or in virtual containers.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. IBM expects to complete the acquisition within the first three months of 2013.
- Move Mission-Critical Apps to the Cloud with AWS and F5 Read this paper to learn about adoption inhibitors of the cloud, potential solutions, and how advanced Application Delivery Controller (ADC) technologies are critical...
- The Principles of the Business Data Lake The Business Data Lake is a new approach to information management, analytics and reporting that better matches the culture of business and better...
- Start with a Data Lake. End with Business Value. Pivotal Big Data Suite enables companies to store all data, accelerate processing and most importantly increase the amount of data being analyzed and...
- Store Everything. Analyze Anything, Build the Right Thing. The value of Information has increased, so has the business's thirst for more information.
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities. All Applications White Papers | Webcasts