IBM plans to buy e-discovery firm StoredIQ
IBM will roll StoredIQ software into its information governance portfolio
IDG News Service - In a move to expand its portfolio of information governance software, IBM is acquiring e-discovery software vendor StoredIQ.
Founded in 2001, StoredIQ offers e-discovery systems that help organizations index, store, de-duplicate and delete their unstructured data. The process, which IBM calls information lifecycle governance, can help organizations comply with regulations, respond to litigation and cut storage costs by reducing data volume.
StoredIQ is the latest in a number of acquisitions IBM has made in the information management space. IBM purchased e-discovery vendor PSS Systems in 2010 and enterprise search vendor Vivisimo in 2012. IBM will fold StoredIQ into its software group, and will offer StoredIQ software as part of its Information Lifecycle Governance portfolio.
StoredIQ is a privately held company based in Austin, Texas, and has over 120 enterprise customers worldwide, including companies in the financial services, health care, government and manufacturing industries.
Because StoredIQ's architecture allows the software to run across multiple servers, it could manage petabytes worth of information. Because of this distributed capability, the company has recently rebranded itself as a big data vendor. The company also claims its systems can be installed and configured quickly, in hours rather than months that it says other e-discovery packages can take. StoredIQ delivers its software either on servers or in virtual containers.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. IBM expects to complete the acquisition within the first three months of 2013.
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant Report For the 7th year in a row, Riverbed is in the "Leaders" Quadrant of the 2014 Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers. In...
- Improving Business Value of WAN Optimization Want to achieve faster ROI with WAN optimization? Read the latest IDC report and discover how you can cut IT costs without compromising...
- IDC ROI Infographic Trends such as evolving communication patterns, connection types, applications and bandwidth can have an impact on enterprise organizations. Learn how IT organizations can...
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts