Dell to buy security vendor Credant
Dell will add Credant's data protection technology to its stable of enterprise security offerings
IDG News Service - Dell has made a deal to acquire data-protection vendor Credant Technologies and plans to add the company's technology to its enterprise IT security offerings.
The companies did not disclose the terms of the deal. Credant, founded in 2001, is based in Addison, Texas, about 200 miles north of Dell's headquarters in Round Rock, Texas.
Credant sells software and services to encrypt data and keep it secure as it is moved across PCs, mobile devices, USB drives, cloud services and other locations. It offers a single console for data protection policies across all those platforms and says its software can coexist with existing enterprise management systems. The company claims it secures more than two million endpoints across industries including defense, health care, media and universities.
Dell said it will use Credant software to enhance the security capabilities of its Latitude, OptiPlex and Precision computers. Dell already has a joint development and OEM (original equipment manufacturer) agreement with Credant and uses the company's technology in its Dell Data Protection/Encryption product.
Prior to the Credant deal, Dell had already spent $4.9 billion on acquisitions this year to establish its enterprise credentials. Some analysts have said the company hasn't yet made the most of those new assets.
- Data Center Projects: Project Management The project management model described in this paper is a framework to show essential characteristics that must be considered in any implementation of...
- The Truth About Virtual Computing for CAD If you're a user of graphics-intensive software such as 3D modeling, simulation and analysis, and visualization, you might be skeptical about moving to...
- Enable secure remote access to 3D data without sacrificing visual perfomance Design and manufacturing companies must adapt quickly to the demands of an increasingly global and competitive economy. To speed time to market for...
- Magic Quadrant for Data Masking Technology IBM is a leader in Gartner Inc's Magic Quadrant for Data Masking Technology. Read the full report to learn about IBM.
- The Key to Happiness: Throw out Your Data Warehouse In this webinar, Kerry Reitnauer, Director, Solution Architect at FairPoint Communications will discuss the challenges the data warehouse brought, how they migrated to...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few. All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!