Network World - IT departments excel at boosting efficiency but fall short of driving business growth, according to a new study.
Technologies such as cloud computing, mobility, and data analytics can put IT in a position to move beyond traditional support/maintenance expectations and assume a more strategic role in the business. But most tech departments aren't taking advantage of the opportunity, concludes a new study conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit and sponsored by Juniper Networks.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing: Optimized Power, Cooling, and Management Maximizes Benefits The effects that the cloud and virtualization have on the data center are discussed and possible solutions or methods for dealing with them...
- Comparing Data Center Power Distribution Architectures Significant improvements in have been achieved in data center power distribution, increasing the options available for data centers. This paper compares five power...
- Implementing Hot and Cold Air Containment in Existing Data Centers This paper investigates the constraints, reviews all available containment methods, and provides recommendations for determining the best containment approach.
- Data Center Projects: Project Management The project management model described in this paper is a framework to show essential characteristics that must be considered in any implementation of...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few.
- Virtual Desktop Must-haves: Cost-effectiveness, Scalability and Security Employees today expect to take their work anywhere and on any device. This BYOD mindset poses a dilemma for organizations that want to... All Virtualization White Papers | Webcasts