Network World - IT departments excel at boosting efficiency but fall short of driving business growth, according to a new study.
Technologies such as cloud computing, mobility, and data analytics can put IT in a position to move beyond traditional support/maintenance expectations and assume a more strategic role in the business. But most tech departments aren't taking advantage of the opportunity, concludes a new study conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit and sponsored by Juniper Networks.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- 5 Reasons To Migrate From Cisco (ACE) to Riverbed Stingray ADC As you consider refreshing your legacy Cisco ACE application delivery infrastructure, consider migrating to the Riverbed® Stingray™ family of products and learn the...
- The Sky's the Limit for Eclipse Aerospace and VCE This case study highlights how Eclipse was able to unlock critical IP, support business growth, dial up or down resources without having to...
- Implementing Agile Systems Management in Cloud and Virtual Infrastructure The solution to the obstacle stopping enterprises from realizing the benefits of cloud computing- how to extend existing enterprise management applications to the...
- Maximize Efficiency in Your Virtual Environment with Converged Solutions Efficiency is the key to success in IT, especially in a virtual environment. But traditional infrastructure management and inflexible architectures can be costly...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Virtualization White Papers | Webcasts