Game on: Enterprise apps gain gaming features to boost usage
Network World - Businesses that have had to bench costly enterprise software because users found it too onerous could learn a thing or two from FarmVille and other popular online social games.
"Most people will spend five hours playing Angry Birds, but won't spend three minutes to learn new business applications," says Rajat Paharia, founder and chief product officer at gamification company Bunchball. One CIO, he says, almost wrote off a 200,000-seat collaboration software license investment because he couldn't figure out how to boost end-user utilization.
For CIOs banking on enterprise software to revolutionize their business, non-adoption is not an option. Instead, they need to find a way to engage users.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Five Steps to Achieve Success in your Application Security Program This white paper provides a general framework your organization can use to create or build upon an application security program. It includes guidelines...
- Unlock the Value of Enterprise Mobility Download this guide and learn how to manage the secure deployment of enterprise mobile apps and data, while still encouraging the levels of...
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps Switching to Google Apps halved Quadmark's IT admin costs while achieving 10% time savings per employee. The global consulting firm now spends 80%...
- Manufacturing Outlook: Improving time to market, operational effectiveness and innovation in a highly competitive environment An enterprise project portfolio management solution can help manufacturers position themselves in the new competitive landscape.
- Live Webcast
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior.
- Service-Enabling CICS Applications: Best Practices This informative webcast provides an informed, thorough look into CICS service-enablement options and how they can affect your environment. You'll learn how to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts