RIM offers free BlackBerry 10 smartphone
New phone will be available to customers of new BlackBerry 10 online training program
Computerworld - Research in Motion Thursday introduced the BlackBerry 10 Ready Program to help prepare business customers for the launch of the next-generation operating system Jan. 30.
Participants in the program can get a free BlackBerry 10-based smartphone.
The four-part program is also intended to prepare users for the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, the name RIM is using for the next generation of BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
RIM hasn't said when Service 10 will launch, although it is due about the time of the launch of the BlackBerry 10 and two new smartphones on Jan. 30.
The Ready Program consists of a webcast series and the BlackBerry 10 Ready Offer for the smartphone, RIM said.
The Ready Offer includes a free BlackBerry 10 smartphone for customers with technical support and advantage level, or higher, contracts with RIM, that's subject to completion of an online learning course.
More information on the Ready Program is available online.
The weekly webcasts will offer tips on the products included in the Jan. 30 launch. Online registration is required.
The last two of the program's four components will be offered in January.
RIM also said that customers will be able to trade up BlackBerry Enterprise Server licenses for more than a year, up to Dec. 31, 2013. The trade-up will be available with an online tool to be announced starting in January.
A set of services also will be offered online in January. More details can be obtained by emailing RIM at: BB10EnterpriseServices@rim.com
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen, or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed . His e-mail address is email@example.com.
- Studies show Sprint and T-Mobile need to expand U.S. coverage
- Gear Fit: Samsung strikes again with its 'build one of any device' plan
- Nokia Lumia Icon on sale Feb. 20 exclusively at Verizon
- Samsung hints at new UI for upcoming Galaxy S5
- How 'Lenovorola' changes the mobile world
- Google and Samsung grow cozier with patent deal, Motorola sale
- Should Sprint buy T-Mobile?
- iPhone, Samsung smartphone use by U.S. consumers jumps
- A mobile app reality check
- Verizon LTE getting AWS upgrades, even as execs admit to some performance 'hot spots'
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- HP HAVEn: See the big picture in Big Data HP HAVEn is the industry's first comprehensive, scalable, open, and secure platform for Big Data. Enterprises are drowning in a sea of data...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All Smartphones White Papers | Webcasts