RIM offers free BlackBerry 10 smartphone
New phone will be available to customers of new BlackBerry 10 online training program
Computerworld - Research in Motion Thursday introduced the BlackBerry 10 Ready Program to help prepare business customers for the launch of the next-generation operating system Jan. 30.
Participants in the program can get a free BlackBerry 10-based smartphone.
The four-part program is also intended to prepare users for the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, the name RIM is using for the next generation of BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
RIM hasn't said when Service 10 will launch, although it is due about the time of the launch of the BlackBerry 10 and two new smartphones on Jan. 30.
The Ready Program consists of a webcast series and the BlackBerry 10 Ready Offer for the smartphone, RIM said.
The Ready Offer includes a free BlackBerry 10 smartphone for customers with technical support and advantage level, or higher, contracts with RIM, that's subject to completion of an online learning course.
More information on the Ready Program is available online.
The weekly webcasts will offer tips on the products included in the Jan. 30 launch. Online registration is required.
The last two of the program's four components will be offered in January.
RIM also said that customers will be able to trade up BlackBerry Enterprise Server licenses for more than a year, up to Dec. 31, 2013. The trade-up will be available with an online tool to be announced starting in January.
A set of services also will be offered online in January. More details can be obtained by emailing RIM at: BB10EnterpriseServices@rim.com
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen, or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed . His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Studies show Sprint and T-Mobile need to expand U.S. coverage
- Gear Fit: Samsung strikes again with its 'build one of any device' plan
- Nokia Lumia Icon on sale Feb. 20 exclusively at Verizon
- Samsung hints at new UI for upcoming Galaxy S5
- How 'Lenovorola' changes the mobile world
- Google and Samsung grow cozier with patent deal, Motorola sale
- Should Sprint buy T-Mobile?
- iPhone, Samsung smartphone use by U.S. consumers jumps
- A mobile app reality check
- Verizon LTE getting AWS upgrades, even as execs admit to some performance 'hot spots'
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Separating Work and Personal at the Platform Level: How BlackBerry Balance Works BlackBerry® Balance™ separates work from personal on the same mobile device, right at a platform level. Find out how it can work for...
- Protection for Every Enterprise: How BlackBerry Security Works Get an IT-level review of BlackBerry® Security, addressing data leakage protection, certified encryption, containerization and much more.
- Future Focus: What's Coming in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Find out why Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions that are truly future-ready must be designed to enable Machine-to-Machine (M2M) capabilities and much more.
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Workforce Mobilization for Improved Productivity A mobility research director from Aberdeen discusses reasons for extending legacy applications to mobile devices, and an integration strategist from Attachmate shows how...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the...
- Containerization Options: How to Choose the Best DLP Solution for Your Organization This webcast outlines a framework for making the right choice when it comes to containerization approaches, along with the pros and cons of... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts