Macworld - New iMacs are coming from inside the country! Elsewhere, Apple lets you buy iPhone 5s until your heart is content, and Ashton Kutcher's Steve Jobs impression is a little eerie. The remainders for Tuesday, December 4, 2012 are just dancing in the dark.
Some new iMacs marked as being 'Assembled in USA' (AppleInsider)
It appears that some recent iMac models bear a tiny note that they were "Assembled in USA." AppleInsider points out that in order to earn the label, the device must in fact be more than just put together in a "screwdriver" operation. I think we've finally cracked what Bob Mansfield's Technologies group is doing.
You won't be adding an aftermarket SSD to your new iMac (Ars Technica)
Speaking of new iMacs, Ars Technica points out that Apple's latest desktops don't have the same connector SSDs as the new Retina MacBooks, so you can't just mount your own solid-state drive in them. Also there's no DVD drive opening to stick the SSD straight into the case. That's how that works, right?
If you want to go buy six iPhone 5s, now's your chance! Apple's apparently lifted the limit of two-per-customer, suggesting that supply and demand are approaching balance. So my dream of building a lifesize replica of the Iron Throne entirely out of iPhones is finally a possibility.
Sundance 2013: Festival Unveils 2 Star-Studded Noncompetition Categories (The Hollywood Reporter)
Get ready: The Ashton Kutcher-starring biopic of Steve Jobs--oh-so-cleverly titled jOBS--is due to open at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival. And we've got our first shot of Kutcher as Jobs--the resemblance is strong, I have to admit, but that shot makes me worried that next they'll tackle a Bill Gates biopic.
- Data Warehouse Augmentation: The Queryable Data Store While organizations have, to date, been busy exploring and experimenting, they are now beginning to focus on using big data technologies to solve...
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps Switching to Google Apps halved Quadmark's IT admin costs while achieving 10% time savings per employee. The global consulting firm now spends 80%...
- CrashPlan PROe Security Because mobile laptops often are connected to unsecured networks, a very high standard of security is required to ensure privacy.
- Protecting Digitalized Assets in Healthcare Healthcare providers face an urgent, internal battle every day: security and compliance versus productivity and service. For most healthcare organizations, the fight is...
- Live Webcast LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- Make or Break: New Auto Products Must Go To Market On Time This Webcast quantifies the value of time to market for the auto industry and highlights how Primavera Enterprise Portfolio Management can help organizations. All Data Storage White Papers | Webcasts