Autonomy founder Lynch unveils website, continuing public war with HP
The site contains Autonomy founder Mike Lynch's defenses against Hewlett-Packard's allegations of accounting fraud at the vendor
IDG News Service - Autonomy founder Mike Lynch has created a new website where he will apparently keep a running stockpile of his responses to Hewlett-Packard's allegations of accounting fraud at the vendor.
The site, which is located at AutonomyAccounts.org, includes among other things the open letter Lynch recently wrote to HP's board, in which he denounced HP's actions and demanded the company provide more documentation for its claims about Autonomy, which HP purchased last year for US$10.3 billion in a widely criticized deal.
Lynch's new site "is designed to be a public point of contact for Dr. Mike Lynch and other former managers at Autonomy with the wider world," according to a statement posted on the homepage. "It will contain information about Autonomy and any public statements made on behalf of the former management team related to these issues."
In November, HP said it would take an $8.8 billion write-down, with about $5 billion of it connected to the alleged fraud, which HP maintains had gone undetected despite the deal's extensive vetting by outside auditors.
Lynch's letter calls HP's allegations "non-specific but highly damaging." He has maintained no wrongdoing on the part of himself or other members of Autonomy's leadership.
Lynch, who was ousted from Autonomy in May, has questioned how auditors could have possibly missed improprieties amounting to $5 billion, as well as whether any of that sum should instead be attributed to HP's own mismanagement since the acquisition.
HP has referred the matter to regulatory authorities in the U.S. and U.K., and has said it also plans to seek redress against "various parties" in civil court.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris' email address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
This state transportation department uses computer science students from a local university as programming interns, and everyone is happy with the arrangement -- until one intern learns how to bring down the mainframe.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Changing the Way Government Works: Four Technology Trends that Drive Down Costs and Increase Productivity
- This paper discusses four technology-based approaches to improving processes and increasing
productivity while driving down department and agency costs.
- Path Selection Infographic
- Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic
- A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era
- From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs
- If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity... All Government IT White Papers
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the...
- Endpoint Data Management: Protecting the Perimeter of the Internet of Things Not surprisingly, "Internet of Things" (IoT) and Big Data present new challenges AND opportunities for enterprise IT. Teams need to harness, secure and...
- How to Protect Enterprise Data Yet Enable Secure Access for End Users Learn how BYOD, Big Data and the use of rogue applications and devices is putting corporate data at risk, best practices from IT...
- All Government IT Webcasts