Autonomy founder Lynch unveils website, continuing public war with HP
The site contains Autonomy founder Mike Lynch's defenses against Hewlett-Packard's allegations of accounting fraud at the vendor
IDG News Service - Autonomy founder Mike Lynch has created a new website where he will apparently keep a running stockpile of his responses to Hewlett-Packard's allegations of accounting fraud at the vendor.
The site, which is located at AutonomyAccounts.org, includes among other things the open letter Lynch recently wrote to HP's board, in which he denounced HP's actions and demanded the company provide more documentation for its claims about Autonomy, which HP purchased last year for US$10.3 billion in a widely criticized deal.
Lynch's new site "is designed to be a public point of contact for Dr. Mike Lynch and other former managers at Autonomy with the wider world," according to a statement posted on the homepage. "It will contain information about Autonomy and any public statements made on behalf of the former management team related to these issues."
In November, HP said it would take an $8.8 billion write-down, with about $5 billion of it connected to the alleged fraud, which HP maintains had gone undetected despite the deal's extensive vetting by outside auditors.
Lynch's letter calls HP's allegations "non-specific but highly damaging." He has maintained no wrongdoing on the part of himself or other members of Autonomy's leadership.
Lynch, who was ousted from Autonomy in May, has questioned how auditors could have possibly missed improprieties amounting to $5 billion, as well as whether any of that sum should instead be attributed to HP's own mismanagement since the acquisition.
HP has referred the matter to regulatory authorities in the U.S. and U.K., and has said it also plans to seek redress against "various parties" in civil court.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris' email address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- Google I/O 2013's Coolest Products and Services
- 10 Star Trek Technologies That are Almost Here
- 19 Generations of Computer Programmers
- 25 Must-Have Technologies for SMBs
- A walking tour: 33 questions to ask about your company's security
- 15 social media scams
- The 7 elements of a successful security awareness program
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Federal IT Innovation Caught in a Catch-22
- Fed resources shoring up old infrastructure, holding back new technologies.
- Harness IT -- An Introduction to Business Intelligence Solutions
- Learn the key selection criteria required to provide your organization with the capability to address structured data, unstructured data and mobile demands so...
- Business Intelligence Shows its Smarts
- Today's Business Intelligence (BI) tools provide a new way to think about data with self-service capabilities and user-friendly analytics that can be used...
- Proactive Planning for Big Data
- Big data is less about the terabytes and more about the query tools and business intelligence needed to make sense of massive amounts...
- Inquiry Spotlight: Consumer-Facing Identity
- The challenges of consumer-facing identity management, access management, and authentication differ in ways subtle and dramatic from those of the employee-facing variety. All Government IT White Papers
- Becoming An Analytics Driven Organization
- Join us on Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT and learn how your agency can create an analytics culture that will enable...
- 3 Reasons Why Sepaton is the World's Fastest Backup Solution
- Leading analyst, Storage Switzerland learns how Sepaton backs up and deduplicates massive data volumes while maintaining the industry's fastest performance - all in...
- Enterprise File Sharing: All You Need to Know
- Security. Scalability. Control. These are just some of the many benefits of enterprise cloud file-sharing that you'll discover in this KnowledgeVault, packed with...
- Bridging HTTP and FTP with FileXpress Internet Server
- What if you could take an FTP server on your internal network, and allow external users (partners or customers) to securely access it...
- MFT and FileXpress - An Overview
- Business users and applications exchange files on a regular basis. File transfer is a core part of the flow of business activity. All Government IT Webcasts