Autonomy founder Lynch unveils website, continuing public war with HP
The site contains Autonomy founder Mike Lynch's defenses against Hewlett-Packard's allegations of accounting fraud at the vendor
IDG News Service - Autonomy founder Mike Lynch has created a new website where he will apparently keep a running stockpile of his responses to Hewlett-Packard's allegations of accounting fraud at the vendor.
The site, which is located at AutonomyAccounts.org, includes among other things the open letter Lynch recently wrote to HP's board, in which he denounced HP's actions and demanded the company provide more documentation for its claims about Autonomy, which HP purchased last year for US$10.3 billion in a widely criticized deal.
Lynch's new site "is designed to be a public point of contact for Dr. Mike Lynch and other former managers at Autonomy with the wider world," according to a statement posted on the homepage. "It will contain information about Autonomy and any public statements made on behalf of the former management team related to these issues."
In November, HP said it would take an $8.8 billion write-down, with about $5 billion of it connected to the alleged fraud, which HP maintains had gone undetected despite the deal's extensive vetting by outside auditors.
Lynch's letter calls HP's allegations "non-specific but highly damaging." He has maintained no wrongdoing on the part of himself or other members of Autonomy's leadership.
Lynch, who was ousted from Autonomy in May, has questioned how auditors could have possibly missed improprieties amounting to $5 billion, as well as whether any of that sum should instead be attributed to HP's own mismanagement since the acquisition.
HP has referred the matter to regulatory authorities in the U.S. and U.K., and has said it also plans to seek redress against "various parties" in civil court.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris' email address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
This pilot fish is a contractor at a military base, working on some very cool fire-control systems for tanks. But when he spots something obviously wrong during a live-fire test, he can't get the firing-range commander's attention.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Reduce federal infrastructure risk with compliance management and situational awareness
- IBM continuous monitoring and management solutions deliver real-time situational awareness to help federal agencies understand vulnerabilities, and protect the infrastructure.
- Warning: Cloud Data at Risk
- Experts agree that relying on SaaS vendors to backup and restore your data is dangerous. Yet that's exactly what huge portions of the...
- Where You Mitigate Heartbleed Matters
- Read this article to learn more about why customers must choose the most strategic point in the network at which to deploy their...
- Do More With Less: How CARFAX Consolidated Their Security Solutions
- Through a consolidated F5 solution, CARFAX cut site downtime to zero, secures its data, and deployed a high-performance infrastructure to support its rapid...
- Fight Malware, Malfeasance and Malingering
- Every year brings more extreme sets of threats than the last. The good news is that there are a range of mitigation options.... All Government IT White Papers
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily...
- On Demand: Mastering the Art of Mobile Content Management Mobile device usage in the enterprise has skyrocketed, and it continues to escalate. IT must answer to users who demand access to their...
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- All Government IT Webcasts