Autonomy founder Lynch unveils website, continuing public war with HP
The site contains Autonomy founder Mike Lynch's defenses against Hewlett-Packard's allegations of accounting fraud at the vendor
IDG News Service - Autonomy founder Mike Lynch has created a new website where he will apparently keep a running stockpile of his responses to Hewlett-Packard's allegations of accounting fraud at the vendor.
The site, which is located at AutonomyAccounts.org, includes among other things the open letter Lynch recently wrote to HP's board, in which he denounced HP's actions and demanded the company provide more documentation for its claims about Autonomy, which HP purchased last year for US$10.3 billion in a widely criticized deal.
Lynch's new site "is designed to be a public point of contact for Dr. Mike Lynch and other former managers at Autonomy with the wider world," according to a statement posted on the homepage. "It will contain information about Autonomy and any public statements made on behalf of the former management team related to these issues."
In November, HP said it would take an $8.8 billion write-down, with about $5 billion of it connected to the alleged fraud, which HP maintains had gone undetected despite the deal's extensive vetting by outside auditors.
Lynch's letter calls HP's allegations "non-specific but highly damaging." He has maintained no wrongdoing on the part of himself or other members of Autonomy's leadership.
Lynch, who was ousted from Autonomy in May, has questioned how auditors could have possibly missed improprieties amounting to $5 billion, as well as whether any of that sum should instead be attributed to HP's own mismanagement since the acquisition.
HP has referred the matter to regulatory authorities in the U.S. and U.K., and has said it also plans to seek redress against "various parties" in civil court.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris' email address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- Hadoop for Dummies Today, organizations in every industry are being showered with imposing quantities of new information. Along with traditional sources, many more data channels and...
- The Top Five Ways to Get Started with Big Data Despite the increased focus on big data over the past few years, most organizations are still talking about what big data is rather...
- Data Warehouse Augmentation: The Queryable Data Store While organizations have, to date, been busy exploring and experimenting, they are now beginning to focus on using big data technologies to solve...
- The IBM Big Data Platform IBM is unique in having developed an enterprise class big data platform that allows you to address the full spectrum of big data...
- Live Webcast Best Practices: How to Improve Business Continuity with Virtualization VMware solutions include a range of business continuity capabilities to help ensure availability for applications across your virtualized environment. Learn More>>
- Endpoint Data Management: Protecting the Perimeter of the Internet of Things Not surprisingly, "Internet of Things" (IoT) and Big Data present new challenges AND opportunities for enterprise IT. Teams need to harness, secure and...
- Best Practices: How to Improve Business Continuity with Virtualization VMware solutions include a range of business continuity capabilities to help ensure availability for applications across your virtualized environment. Learn More>> All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts