How to Set Up a Pinterest Business Page
Have you switched to the new Pinterest Business Pages? Here's how to do it, plus details on its other exclusive features.
If your company is new to Pinterest, you can sign up for a business account. If your business has an existing account, you can convert it. Pinterest's new business accounts--which still look the same as personal pages--are free and display a verification badge, let you add buttons and widgets to your website, and include an updated set of terms of service.
Here's a look at how the new business pages work and how to convert your company's account so you can better tap the power of the popular visual bookmarking site.
How to Switch to or Sign Up for a Business Page
Changing your Pinterest page from a personal account to a business account is simple: Visit pinterest.com/business/convert to start. You'll need to be logged into your account.
Complete the fields in the form above, including selecting a custom URL for your page. Pinterest will denote whether the URL you've chosen is already in use.
If your company doesn't yet have a business presence on Pinterest, click the "Sign up" link in the top-right of the page. This will bring you to a similar form that also includes a space to upload a profile image.
How to Verify Your Account
Pinterest's verification feature lets you validate that you own the website listed on your Pinterest profile.
To verify your website, visit your Settings page and click on the Verify Website button. Pinterest supports only top-level domains, but you can send suggestions on alternative verification options using this Google Docs Spreadsheet.
Pinterest will ask you to download a HTML verification file and upload it to your Web server. Once Pinterest verifies your website, other Pinterest users will see a checkmark next to your domain in search results and the full website URL and checkmark on your profile.
Embedding Pinterest's Buttons and Widgets
To encourage engagement from pinners and to generate traffic back to your site, Pinterest offers a number buttons and widgets you can embed on your website.
The first two buttons, "Pin It" and "Follow," place buttons directly on your site to allow users to either pin a photo or piece of content to one of their boards, or follow your account directly.
The Profile widget places a collage of your pins and directs users to your Pinterest page to see more. The Board widget, similar to Profile widget, also displays a collage, but highlights one board.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- ERP in the Cloud and the Modern Business View IDC's White Paper, to review IDC CloudTrack Survey findings, gain expert insight into the challenges and opportunities the cloud presents, and determine...
- Oracle ERP Cloud Service - Back-Office Solutions that Keep You in Front Learn how you can harness the power of the cloud to run your business more effectively and lower upfront costs.
- Integration with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud Service While moving your financial system to the cloud may seem straightforward, truly realizing the advantages of the cloud requires a complete understanding how...
- Hadoop for Dummies Today, organizations in every industry are being showered with imposing quantities of new information. Along with traditional sources, many more data channels and...
- Live Webcast Best Practices: How to Improve Business Continuity with Virtualization VMware solutions include a range of business continuity capabilities to help ensure availability for applications across your virtualized environment. Learn More>>
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- Endpoint Data Management: Protecting the Perimeter of the Internet of Things Not surprisingly, "Internet of Things" (IoT) and Big Data present new challenges AND opportunities for enterprise IT. Teams need to harness, secure and... All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts