Cisco to buy network tool maker Cariden
$141 million deal comes on the heels of Cisco agreements to buy Meraki and Cloupia for $1.2B and $125M respectively
IDG News Service - Cisco is planning to acquire network planning tools vendor Cariden Technologies for $141 million, in its third announced acquisition this month.
Cariden makes capacity planning and management tools for IP/MPLS, or multi-protocol label switching, networks, and its products will also improve Cisco's nLight technology, according to a statement on the deal released Thursday by Cisco.
In addition, the Cariden acquisition will bolster Cisco's Open Network Environment push "by providing sophisticated wide area networking (WAN) orchestration capabilities," Cisco said.
"Given the widespread convergence of IP and optical networks, Cariden's technology will help carriers more efficiently manage bandwidth, network traffic and intelligence," said Surya Panditi, senior vice president and general manager of Cisco's Service Provider Networking Group, in a statement.
Cariden's staff will be rolled into Panditi's division after the deal's close, which is expected to happen within a few months
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Separating Work and Personal at the Platform Level: How BlackBerry Balance Works BlackBerry® Balance™ separates work from personal on the same mobile device, right at a platform level. Find out how it can work for...
- Live Webcast Best Practices for the Hyperconverged Enterprise Network To the Age of Constant Connectivity and Information overload
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the...
- Containerization Options: How to Choose the Best DLP Solution for Your Organization This webcast outlines a framework for making the right choice when it comes to containerization approaches, along with the pros and cons of... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts