Retailers try to turn 'Cyber Monday' into 'Cyber Weekend'
So could an early weekend start to Cyber Monday save companies from dealing with so many workers shopping on the job? Probably not, according to Olds.
"Even though Cyber Monday is probably going to eventually turn into Cyber Friday Afternoon, people will still do quite a bit of their holiday shopping from work on Monday," he added. "They'll compare notes with their co-workers and friends, then attempt to snag some deals on Monday. Plus, retailers who are disappointed with their Cyber Weekend take will probably get even a bit more aggressive on Monday."
Sharon Gaudin covers the Internet and Web 2.0, emerging technologies, and desktop and laptop chips for Computerworld. Follow Sharon on Twitter at @sgaudin, on Google+ or subscribe to Sharon's RSS feed . Her email address is email@example.com.
Read more about E-business in Computerworld's E-business Topic Center.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All E-business White Papers | Webcasts