Dell buys automation software provider Gale Technologies
Dell plans to use Gale's software to boost its converged infrastructure packages
IDG News Service - In a move aimed at strengthening its ability to offer converged systems, Dell has acquired infrastructure automation software provider Gale Technologies.
Dell will fold the company's technologies into a newly formed Enterprise Systems and Solutions division. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The acquisition should help Dell offer more comprehensive converged infrastructure offerings, which combine servers, storage, software and network devices into single integrated packages. The new Enterprise Systems and Solutions Organization will focus on providing such integrated packages.
Gale Technologies' software helps administrators automate routine provisioning tasks, such as setting up servers, across heterogeneous environments. Through the use of templates and other tools, the software is well suited for combining physical and private cloud services into a single management environment.
As of the company's third fiscal quarter, which ended Nov. 2, Dell's server and networking business grew 11 percent year-over-year, thanks in part to such integrated systems sales.
Dell will combine Gale's own technologies into the Dell's Active System Manager, a configuration management tool. The combined offering will allow customers to manage not only in-house resources but private cloud deployments using VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization technologies as well.
Founded in 2008, Gale Technologies is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. Dell will retain Gale employees and provide additional sales and engineering assistance for the Gale product line.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Increase IT Performance from the Enterprise to the Cloud with WAN Optimization Massive consolidation and data mobility, enabled by virtualization, have radically altered how we build servers, design applications, and deploy storage for the emerging...
- Live Webcast
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior.
- Service-Enabling CICS Applications: Best Practices This informative webcast provides an informed, thorough look into CICS service-enablement options and how they can affect your environment. You'll learn how to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts