Cisco acquires data center management company for $125M
Network World - Cisco today announced its intent to acquire privately held Cloupia, a software company that develops products for automating data center operations for the deployment and configuration of physical and virtual resources.
Cisco will pay $125 million in cash and retention-based incentives in exchange for all shares of Cloupia.
DEAL TIME: Top tech M&A deals of 2012
Cloupia's infrastructure management software provides a single "pane-of-glass" view into the automation of compute, network, storage, virtual machine and operating system resources, Cisco says. It will work with Cisco's UCS Manager to control pools of compute, storage, networking and virtual machine resources in data centers, the company says.
The acquisition is expected to close in the second quarter of Cisco's fiscal year 2013. Cloupia employees will be integrated into Cisco's Data Center Group.
Read more about data center in Network World's Data Center section.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Logicalis eBook: SAP HANA: The Need for Speed Without timely business insights, organizations today can suffer logistical, manufacturing, and even financial disaster in a matter of minutes
- Acxiom Case Study This case study, which focuses on Acxiom, explores how the company was able to secure employee data, reduce migration costs and boost productivity...
- ERP in the Cloud and the Modern Business View IDC's White Paper, to review IDC CloudTrack Survey findings, gain expert insight into the challenges and opportunities the cloud presents, and determine...
- Oracle ERP Cloud Service - Back-Office Solutions that Keep You in Front Learn how you can harness the power of the cloud to run your business more effectively and lower upfront costs.
- Live Webcast Best Practices: How to Improve Business Continuity with Virtualization VMware solutions include a range of business continuity capabilities to help ensure availability for applications across your virtualized environment. Learn More>>
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- Endpoint Data Management: Protecting the Perimeter of the Internet of Things Not surprisingly, "Internet of Things" (IoT) and Big Data present new challenges AND opportunities for enterprise IT. Teams need to harness, secure and... All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts