Cisco acquires data center management company for $125M
Network World - Cisco today announced its intent to acquire privately held Cloupia, a software company that develops products for automating data center operations for the deployment and configuration of physical and virtual resources.
Cisco will pay $125 million in cash and retention-based incentives in exchange for all shares of Cloupia.
DEAL TIME: Top tech M&A deals of 2012
Cloupia's infrastructure management software provides a single "pane-of-glass" view into the automation of compute, network, storage, virtual machine and operating system resources, Cisco says. It will work with Cisco's UCS Manager to control pools of compute, storage, networking and virtual machine resources in data centers, the company says.
The acquisition is expected to close in the second quarter of Cisco's fiscal year 2013. Cloupia employees will be integrated into Cisco's Data Center Group.
Read more about data center in Network World's Data Center section.
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Client Virtualization Software 2013 Vendor Assessment IDC has placed Citrix in the 2013 IDC MarketScape Leaders Category once again noting that, "Citrix's position reflects the company's market leadership and...
- Infographic: Top Use Cases for Desktop Virtualization A wide range of business issues is driving IT toward desktop virtualization. One solution-Citrix XenDesktop with FlexCast technology-helps IT teams empower their entire...
- Budd Van Lines Moves Data Closer to Home Shipping and logistics company Budd Van Lines uses Infinio to improve performance on their VDI environment. The company employs a virtualized datacenter based...
- Storage Performance with Cost Control As IT groups expand their server virtualization initiatives, central storage performance can become the bottleneck and create poor end user experience.
- The Key to Happiness: Throw out Your Data Warehouse In this webinar, Kerry Reitnauer, Director, Solution Architect at FairPoint Communications will discuss the challenges the data warehouse brought, how they migrated to...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few. All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!