SAP goes big on Windows 8 with six new apps
Also plans Windows Phone 8 Afaria management support
One of the six apps announced Tuesday was built first for Windows 8. Called SAP WorkDeck, the app integrates various information sources and work processes into a single view to allow workers to initiate new work requests and monitor the process of the work. Managers will be able to use the app to respond to and oversee workflows from a mobile device, such as travel, leave and purchase requests, SAP said.
All six apps take advantage of the touchscreen capability of Windows 8 in tablets and other devices, including the Snap dual-screen mode. Once available, they can be downloaded from the Windows Store for a trial evaluation before a purchase.
The enterprise software company also announced that its SAP Afaria mobile device management software is now available for Windows 8 tablets and other devices running on Intel Atom and Core processors. SAP plans to develop apps for Windows RT and Windows Phone 8 as well. SAP is one of the leaders in mobile device management and already offers mobile apps for iOS, Android and BlackBerry.
In addition to SAP WorkDeck, the other five new apps for Windows 8 are: SAP Manager Insight for human resources decision-making; Learning Assistant for on-the-go training, anytime and anywhere; Interview Assistant for organizing recruiting tasks to help managers review applicant information and record results from interviews; Customer Financial Fact Sheet for account executives to access financial data, invoices and sales orders in real time; and GRC Policy Survey for employees to review and sign-off on relevant corporate policy changes.
Pricing was not announced.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His email address is email@example.com.
Read more about Mobile Device Management in Computerworld's Mobile Device Management Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Partners in Mobile Device Management: AirWatch & CDW When it comes to Mobile Device Management, it's not just what you know. It's who you know. That's why CDW partners with industry...
- Getting Agnostic about Mobile Devices The idea of being able to interact with customers, prospects, and stay attuned to competitive pressures is not new, but the velocity at...
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All Mobile Device Management White Papers | Webcasts