CSO - According to our tenth annual Global Information Security Survey (GISS), conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers, many of the 12,052 business and technology execs surveyed reported that their organizations fell victim to a wide selection of breaches.
Those breaches included data exfiltration, mobile attacks, application breaches, network breaches, successful social engineering attacks, and lost or stolen removable storage devices. "One of the things I try convince clients is that while they may not be able to prevent certain breaches, they can certainly learn to respond to breaches more proactively," Dave Shackleford, senior VP, research and CTO at IANS says.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Top tips for securing big data environments - Why big data doesn't have to mean big security challenges Organizations don't have to feel overwhelmed when it comes to securing big data environments. The same security fundamentals for securing databases, data warehouses...
- Top 3 Myths about Big Data Security : Debunking common misconceptions about big data security Big data represents massive business possibilities and competitive advantage for organizations that are able to harness and use that information. But how are...
- Three guiding principles for data security and compliance Data security is a moving target-as data grows, more sophisticated threats emerge; the number of regulations increase; and changing economic times make it...
- Druva inSync: Endpoint Data Protection & Governance CLICK HERE to watch this video about protecting corporate data on laptops and mobile devices, sponsored by Druva.
- How SIEM Addresses the Challenges of Big Security Data This webcast will help you understand today's big data security challenges and how intelligent and scalable SIEM solutions give IT the tools and... All Data Security White Papers | Webcasts