Oracle buys PPM vendor Instantis
The move heats up Oracle rivalry with IBM and CA in the project portfolio management business
IDG News Service - Oracle on Thursday said it has agreed to acquire project portfolio management (PPM) software vendor Instantis, in a move that will build upon its past acquisition of Primavera. Terms of the deal, which is expected to be completed this year, were not disclosed.
Instantis has both on-premises and cloud-based software, which will be combined with Primavera as well as Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications, according to a statement. All told, the software "will provide the ability to manage, track and report on enterprise strategies - from capital construction and maintenance, to manufacturing, IT, new product development, Lean Six Sigma, and other corporate initiatives," Oracle said.
Instantis' main product is called EnterpriseTrack, which incorporates dashboards and reports that can be shared "at any phase of the project life cycle from ideas to proposals to project execution to metrics and results," according to its website. The company's software also has a native social networking platform called EnterpriseStream, as well as an integration framework for tying EnterpriseTrack to other systems.
Oracle "plans to continue to invest in Instantis' technology, evolving the solutions organically and deepening the integration capabilities with Oracle technology," according to a FAQ document released Thursday.
As with all of its acquisitions, Oracle will also gain further footholds in enterprise accounts, giving its sales representatives opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell other products to Instantis users, which include Ingram Micro, DuPont, Credit Suisse and Xerox.
Oracle's competitors in the PPM market include CA Technologies, IBM and a number of smaller vendors.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris' email address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- EndPoint Interactive eGuide In this eGuide, Network World, Computerworld, and CIO examine two endpoint trends - BYOD and collaboration - and offer tips and advice on...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts