AT&T exclusive: Nokia Lumia 920 for $100
The Windows Phone 8x by HTC will go for $200, the Lumia 820, for $50
Computerworld - AT&T today announced prices for the three Windows Phone 8 smartphones it will sell in the coming holiday season, including a $99.99 price tag for the Nokia Lumia 920 that it will offer exclusively with a two-year contract.
In addition, AT&T will sell the Lumia 820 for $49.99, with in-store sales for it and the 920 beginning on Friday, with online orders possibly starting tomorrow. AT&T will also offer the Windows Phone 8x by HTC for $199.99, available by Thanksgiving. All three phones require a two-year contract.
In addition to the Lumia 920 exclusive, AT&T will be the exclusive provider of a limelight yellow 8GB version of the Windows Phone 8x for just $99.99.
The Lumia 920 has a 4.5-in. display and a 2000 mAh battery, as well as built-in wireless charging. For a limited time, a wireless charging plate will be available for free, Nokia said. The Lumia 920, available in yellow, red, grey, white and black, features an 8.7-megapixel rear camera with PureView technology for image stabilization.
The Lumia 820's display is slightly smaller, 4.3 inches., and its rear camera is 8 megapixels.
The HTC smartphone, with a 4.3-in. display, also has an 8 megapixel rear camera along with built-in Beats Audio technology, making it the first Windows Phone 8 to include the enhanced audio from Beats.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His email address is email@example.com.
Read more about Smartphones in Computerworld's Smartphones Topic Center.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Acxiom Case Study This case study, which focuses on Acxiom, explores how the company was able to secure employee data, reduce migration costs and boost productivity...
- Windows® XP Migration: Protect and Secure Critical Data With the end of the Microsoft Windows XP operating system's lifecycle on April 8, 2014, businesses are faced with the decision to migrate...
- Exponentially Accelerate Data Protection and Recovery with Simpana 10 IntelliSnap® Snapshot Management Technology Are you making the best use of your storage array snapshot functionality? CommVault Simpana 10 IntelliSnap technology manages hardware-based snapshots across multiple vendor...
- Simpana IntelliSnap Technology Datasheet With IntelliSnap you can maximize the value of your snapshot technology while dramatically reducing management overhead and complexity.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- Building Tomorrow's Infrastructure Listen to this podcast to discover how Crider Foods worked with PC Connection to update their IT infrastructure, while maintaining compliance and control. All Smartphones White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!