AT&T exclusive: Nokia Lumia 920 for $100
The Windows Phone 8x by HTC will go for $200, the Lumia 820, for $50
Computerworld - AT&T today announced prices for the three Windows Phone 8 smartphones it will sell in the coming holiday season, including a $99.99 price tag for the Nokia Lumia 920 that it will offer exclusively with a two-year contract.
In addition, AT&T will sell the Lumia 820 for $49.99, with in-store sales for it and the 920 beginning on Friday, with online orders possibly starting tomorrow. AT&T will also offer the Windows Phone 8x by HTC for $199.99, available by Thanksgiving. All three phones require a two-year contract.
In addition to the Lumia 920 exclusive, AT&T will be the exclusive provider of a limelight yellow 8GB version of the Windows Phone 8x for just $99.99.
The Lumia 920 has a 4.5-in. display and a 2000 mAh battery, as well as built-in wireless charging. For a limited time, a wireless charging plate will be available for free, Nokia said. The Lumia 920, available in yellow, red, grey, white and black, features an 8.7-megapixel rear camera with PureView technology for image stabilization.
The Lumia 820's display is slightly smaller, 4.3 inches., and its rear camera is 8 megapixels.
The HTC smartphone, with a 4.3-in. display, also has an 8 megapixel rear camera along with built-in Beats Audio technology, making it the first Windows Phone 8 to include the enhanced audio from Beats.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Smartphones in Computerworld's Smartphones Topic Center.
- Tips for Driving User Adoption in New Technology Deployment Read this checklist on tips for driving user adoption to see where you stand.
- Securing Mobile App Data - Comparing Containers and App Wrappers Analysts agree that Mobile Device Management (MDM) is not enough when it comes to securing app data. Although it remains a critical component...
- Capabilities You Need in an IP Address Management Solution A mismanaged IP space can cripple an otherwise healthy network. Take a moment to understand what you need in an enterprise-ready IPAM solution.
- IPv6 Fundamentals IPv6 is needed to sustain the growth of the Internet. The transition from IPv4 will require planning and likely some degree of support...
- Accelerate your innovation with IBM Bluemix™ Join us for a webcast introducing the new IBM BluemixTM. IBM Bluemix (www.bluemix.net) is a developer oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment...
- Maximizing Availability for the Modern Data Center Check out this information-packed resource center for help in maximizing the availability of your data center - from overcoming challenges to choosing the... All Smartphones White Papers | Webcasts