AT&T exclusive: Nokia Lumia 920 for $100
The Windows Phone 8x by HTC will go for $200, the Lumia 820, for $50
Computerworld - AT&T today announced prices for the three Windows Phone 8 smartphones it will sell in the coming holiday season, including a $99.99 price tag for the Nokia Lumia 920 that it will offer exclusively with a two-year contract.
In addition, AT&T will sell the Lumia 820 for $49.99, with in-store sales for it and the 920 beginning on Friday, with online orders possibly starting tomorrow. AT&T will also offer the Windows Phone 8x by HTC for $199.99, available by Thanksgiving. All three phones require a two-year contract.
In addition to the Lumia 920 exclusive, AT&T will be the exclusive provider of a limelight yellow 8GB version of the Windows Phone 8x for just $99.99.
The Lumia 920 has a 4.5-in. display and a 2000 mAh battery, as well as built-in wireless charging. For a limited time, a wireless charging plate will be available for free, Nokia said. The Lumia 920, available in yellow, red, grey, white and black, features an 8.7-megapixel rear camera with PureView technology for image stabilization.
The Lumia 820's display is slightly smaller, 4.3 inches., and its rear camera is 8 megapixels.
The HTC smartphone, with a 4.3-in. display, also has an 8 megapixel rear camera along with built-in Beats Audio technology, making it the first Windows Phone 8 to include the enhanced audio from Beats.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His email address is email@example.com.
Read more about Smartphones in Computerworld's Smartphones Topic Center.
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Cloud Computing eGuide In this eGuide, CIO, Computerworld, and InfoWorld offer advice, tips, news, and predictions regarding cloud implementations in the coming year and beyond. Read...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Smartphones White Papers | Webcasts