AT&T exclusive: Nokia Lumia 920 for $100
The Windows Phone 8x by HTC will go for $200, the Lumia 820, for $50
Computerworld - AT&T today announced prices for the three Windows Phone 8 smartphones it will sell in the coming holiday season, including a $99.99 price tag for the Nokia Lumia 920 that it will offer exclusively with a two-year contract.
In addition, AT&T will sell the Lumia 820 for $49.99, with in-store sales for it and the 920 beginning on Friday, with online orders possibly starting tomorrow. AT&T will also offer the Windows Phone 8x by HTC for $199.99, available by Thanksgiving. All three phones require a two-year contract.
In addition to the Lumia 920 exclusive, AT&T will be the exclusive provider of a limelight yellow 8GB version of the Windows Phone 8x for just $99.99.
The Lumia 920 has a 4.5-in. display and a 2000 mAh battery, as well as built-in wireless charging. For a limited time, a wireless charging plate will be available for free, Nokia said. The Lumia 920, available in yellow, red, grey, white and black, features an 8.7-megapixel rear camera with PureView technology for image stabilization.
The Lumia 820's display is slightly smaller, 4.3 inches., and its rear camera is 8 megapixels.
The HTC smartphone, with a 4.3-in. display, also has an 8 megapixel rear camera along with built-in Beats Audio technology, making it the first Windows Phone 8 to include the enhanced audio from Beats.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Smartphones in Computerworld's Smartphones Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- HP HAVEn: See the big picture in Big Data HP HAVEn is the industry's first comprehensive, scalable, open, and secure platform for Big Data. Enterprises are drowning in a sea of data...
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All Smartphones White Papers | Webcasts