AT&T exclusive: Nokia Lumia 920 for $100
The Windows Phone 8x by HTC will go for $200, the Lumia 820, for $50
Computerworld - AT&T today announced prices for the three Windows Phone 8 smartphones it will sell in the coming holiday season, including a $99.99 price tag for the Nokia Lumia 920 that it will offer exclusively with a two-year contract.
In addition, AT&T will sell the Lumia 820 for $49.99, with in-store sales for it and the 920 beginning on Friday, with online orders possibly starting tomorrow. AT&T will also offer the Windows Phone 8x by HTC for $199.99, available by Thanksgiving. All three phones require a two-year contract.
In addition to the Lumia 920 exclusive, AT&T will be the exclusive provider of a limelight yellow 8GB version of the Windows Phone 8x for just $99.99.
The Lumia 920 has a 4.5-in. display and a 2000 mAh battery, as well as built-in wireless charging. For a limited time, a wireless charging plate will be available for free, Nokia said. The Lumia 920, available in yellow, red, grey, white and black, features an 8.7-megapixel rear camera with PureView technology for image stabilization.
The Lumia 820's display is slightly smaller, 4.3 inches., and its rear camera is 8 megapixels.
The HTC smartphone, with a 4.3-in. display, also has an 8 megapixel rear camera along with built-in Beats Audio technology, making it the first Windows Phone 8 to include the enhanced audio from Beats.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Smartphones in Computerworld's Smartphones Topic Center.
- Tips for Driving User Adoption in New Technology Deployment Read this checklist on tips for driving user adoption to see where you stand.
- Improving IT Efficiencies: Four Advantages of Multi-Tenant Data Centers Increasing demands on IT are forcing organizations to rethink their data center options. For many organizations, that means turning to the flexibility afforded...
- Accelerating Cloud Deployment and Operations with Managed Services Companies that do not have sufficient in-house expertise to either deploy or maintain an IaaS cloud should turn to Managed Service Providers .
- Rethinking IT Operations in the Cloud This paper breaks down the challenges that often prevent the cloud from delivering the fast, flexible and affordable infrastructure companies seek - and...
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All Smartphones White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!