Macworld - Apple executive Eddy Cue gets a flattering write-up, Motorola gets a flat take-it-or-leave-it offer from Cupertino, and how to turn your older Mac's drives into a Fusion Drive in twenty-seven hours flat. The remainders for Wednesday, October 31, 2012 are flat broke.
CNet profiles Apple senior vice president of Internet software and services Eddy Cue, describing him as "Apple's master negotiator and product resuscitator." Which explains why I recently saw him crouched over an iPhone, tapping on the Maps app and shouting "DON'T YOU DIE ON ME!"
Apple said in a court filing that it's totally willing to license essential wireless patents from Motorola Mobility ... as long as Motorola parent company Google doesn't charge more than $1 per iPhone. Sources tell this reporter that Google may agree, but will mandate that those payments be made entirely in quarters.
Fusion drive on older Macs? YES! (Jolly Jinx)
Developer Patrick Stein has figured out how to convert your older Mac's storage into a Fusion Drive, presuming you have the requisite components (a hard drive and a solid-state drive), as well as the time, command-line knowledge, and available emotional support for when you accidentally erase all your files.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- OpenStack Hype vs. Reality: CIO Quick Pulse Open-source architecture can enable IT departments to build infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) clouds running on standard hardware.
- OpenStack and Red Hat: IDC White paper Most OpenStack deployments are by public cloud providers that are early adopters of technology and use OpenStack in a do-it-yourself deployment and support...
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform Datasheet Seamlessly transition to the cloud. Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform delivers an integrated foundation to create, deploy, and scale a secure and...
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Make or Break: New Auto Products Must Go To Market On Time This Webcast quantifies the value of time to market for the auto industry and highlights how Primavera Enterprise Portfolio Management can help organizations.
- IBM Flash Webcast: Optimizing your Datacenter for Efficient Storage & ROI Register for this webcast to learn the benefits of flash storage from IBM Customer, Leonardo Irastorza of Royal Caribbean Cruise Ltd and Storage... All Data Storage White Papers | Webcasts