LG introduces 23-in. touch monitor for Windows 8
The Touch 10 monitor will ship in November
IDG News Service - For users who want a regular monitor, but still want to control Windows 8 using touch gestures, LG Electronics has introduced the Touch 10 monitor.
The last few months have seen the introduction of many all-in-ones, tablets and laptops that take advantage of Windows 8's more touch-friendly user interface, but LG thinks there is also room for regular monitors that can do the same.
The Touch 10 monitor allows users to take advantage of the touch-based user interface without having to upgrade their entire PC, according to LG. Just like on other Windows 8-compatible products all 10 fingers can be used simultaneously, allowing users to drag and rotate multiple items, it said.
The monitor also works with a capacitive stylus, which can be purchased separately. It has an In-Plane Switching (IPS) panel, and 1920-by-1080 pixel resolution.
The Touch 10 monitor will be available in Korea next month followed by markets in Europe and elsewhere. Pricing has yet to be announced.
Windows 8 was launched on Oct. 26, and on Tuesday Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said it had sold 4 million m upgrades in three days. While U.K. retailer Dixons has reported that laptop sales were 20 percent ahead of the forecasted sales for the weekend, according to Ballmer.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Mobile Policy Checklist Here's what to consider when putting together a mobile policy designed to support a highly productive workforce.
- Mobile Applications Case Study: 8 Billion Transactions a Day The story documents how the online brokerage company tradeMONSTER created a custom mobile app and the success gleaned from this initiative. Also covered...
- Who's afraid of the big (data) bad wolf? Survive the big data storm by getting ahead of integration and governance functional requirements This paper provides a detailed review of the best practices clients should consider before embarking on their big data integration projects.
- Understanding big data so you can act with confidence Automating information integration and governance and employing it at the point of data creation helps organizations boost confidence in their big data.
- Mobile Apps and Devices Slash Customer Cycle Time Consolidated Engineering Laboratories' field employees used to collect data on triplicate forms that were sometimes hard to read and difficult to manage. After...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Computer Peripherals White Papers | Webcasts