LG introduces 23-in. touch monitor for Windows 8
The Touch 10 monitor will ship in November
IDG News Service - For users who want a regular monitor, but still want to control Windows 8 using touch gestures, LG Electronics has introduced the Touch 10 monitor.
The last few months have seen the introduction of many all-in-ones, tablets and laptops that take advantage of Windows 8's more touch-friendly user interface, but LG thinks there is also room for regular monitors that can do the same.
The Touch 10 monitor allows users to take advantage of the touch-based user interface without having to upgrade their entire PC, according to LG. Just like on other Windows 8-compatible products all 10 fingers can be used simultaneously, allowing users to drag and rotate multiple items, it said.
The monitor also works with a capacitive stylus, which can be purchased separately. It has an In-Plane Switching (IPS) panel, and 1920-by-1080 pixel resolution.
The Touch 10 monitor will be available in Korea next month followed by markets in Europe and elsewhere. Pricing has yet to be announced.
Windows 8 was launched on Oct. 26, and on Tuesday Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said it had sold 4 million m upgrades in three days. While U.K. retailer Dixons has reported that laptop sales were 20 percent ahead of the forecasted sales for the weekend, according to Ballmer.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Budd Van Lines Moves Data Closer to Home Shipping and logistics company Budd Van Lines uses Infinio to improve performance on their VDI environment. The company employs a virtualized datacenter based...
- Storage Performance with Cost Control As IT groups expand their server virtualization initiatives, central storage performance can become the bottleneck and create poor end user experience.
- Server-side Caching for the VMware Admin vExpert David Davis weights in on how best-in-class server-side caching solutions can drastically improve storage performance and reduce latency without the addition of...
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily... All Computer Peripherals White Papers | Webcasts