LG introduces 23-in. touch monitor for Windows 8
The Touch 10 monitor will ship in November
IDG News Service - For users who want a regular monitor, but still want to control Windows 8 using touch gestures, LG Electronics has introduced the Touch 10 monitor.
The last few months have seen the introduction of many all-in-ones, tablets and laptops that take advantage of Windows 8's more touch-friendly user interface, but LG thinks there is also room for regular monitors that can do the same.
The Touch 10 monitor allows users to take advantage of the touch-based user interface without having to upgrade their entire PC, according to LG. Just like on other Windows 8-compatible products all 10 fingers can be used simultaneously, allowing users to drag and rotate multiple items, it said.
The monitor also works with a capacitive stylus, which can be purchased separately. It has an In-Plane Switching (IPS) panel, and 1920-by-1080 pixel resolution.
The Touch 10 monitor will be available in Korea next month followed by markets in Europe and elsewhere. Pricing has yet to be announced.
Windows 8 was launched on Oct. 26, and on Tuesday Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said it had sold 4 million m upgrades in three days. While U.K. retailer Dixons has reported that laptop sales were 20 percent ahead of the forecasted sales for the weekend, according to Ballmer.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Separating Work and Personal at the Platform Level: How BlackBerry Balance Works BlackBerry® Balance™ separates work from personal on the same mobile device, right at a platform level. Find out how it can work for...
- Protection for Every Enterprise: How BlackBerry Security Works Get an IT-level review of BlackBerry® Security, addressing data leakage protection, certified encryption, containerization and much more.
- Future Focus: What's Coming in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Find out why Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions that are truly future-ready must be designed to enable Machine-to-Machine (M2M) capabilities and much more.
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the... All Computer Peripherals White Papers | Webcasts