LG introduces 23-in. touch monitor for Windows 8
The Touch 10 monitor will ship in November
IDG News Service - For users who want a regular monitor, but still want to control Windows 8 using touch gestures, LG Electronics has introduced the Touch 10 monitor.
The last few months have seen the introduction of many all-in-ones, tablets and laptops that take advantage of Windows 8's more touch-friendly user interface, but LG thinks there is also room for regular monitors that can do the same.
The Touch 10 monitor allows users to take advantage of the touch-based user interface without having to upgrade their entire PC, according to LG. Just like on other Windows 8-compatible products all 10 fingers can be used simultaneously, allowing users to drag and rotate multiple items, it said.
The monitor also works with a capacitive stylus, which can be purchased separately. It has an In-Plane Switching (IPS) panel, and 1920-by-1080 pixel resolution.
The Touch 10 monitor will be available in Korea next month followed by markets in Europe and elsewhere. Pricing has yet to be announced.
Windows 8 was launched on Oct. 26, and on Tuesday Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said it had sold 4 million m upgrades in three days. While U.K. retailer Dixons has reported that laptop sales were 20 percent ahead of the forecasted sales for the weekend, according to Ballmer.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Computer Peripherals White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!