CA updates Clarity PPM software
Clarity project and portfolio management tools add improved long-range forecasting tools
IDG News Service - CA Technologies has updated its Clarity project and portfolio management software to accommodate more comprehensive long-term planning.
Users of CA Clarity told the company that the software "needed better forecasting and stronger long-term planning tools," said Mary Cauwels, CA senior director of product marketing for service and portfolio management. The new software allows users "to express their priorities in more business and financial terms," she said.
CA Clarity PPM (Project and Portfolio Management) version 13.1 will also come with new enhancements for collaboration.
According to Cauwels, this version of the software is the first to allow project managers to associate roles to cost plans. Managers can define roles, such as architects and developers, and then associate a cost to each role. As people fill the roles, the generic roles can be replaced by specific names. This should give planners more realistic assessments of the future spending on projects.
Clarity PPM 13.1 will also allow users to merge cost plans associated with specific projects and portfolios. While now users can update and replace costs of specific plans, this new capability will allow managers to incorporate cost estimates without replacing the entire cost plan, easing the revisions of long-term plans.
Version 13 of Clarity, released in January featured an entirely new user interface, one that was far more interactive for users. This update builds on this new emphasis of usability. A new portlet provides a hierarchical view of resource allocations by investment, allowing users to drill down to from the organizational level to the portfolio level and to individual project level.
Clarity's collaboration capabilities have also been improved through a number of additional modules. CA Clarity Agile will facilitate sharing across virtual teams while CA Clarity Requirements will help coworkers in different locations work together to development requirements. Through add-ons, both modules can be integrated into third-party Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) software, which should strengthen managerial overview of software development projects.
Organizations can purchase CA Clarity PPM as software, or access Clarity as a hosted service from CA.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Review: Box beats Dropbox - and all the rest - for business Box trumps Dropbox, Engyte, Citrix ShareFile, EMC Syncplicity, and OwnCloud with rich mix of file sync, file sharing, user management, deep reporting and...
- AIIM SharePoint Industry Watch AIIM surveyed its 65,000 community members to look at how the enterprise is reacting to social aspects, why organizations are exploring social, who...
- Managing Social Content to Maximize Value and Minimize Risk In this AIIM white paper, you will learn about the roles of content publishing systems and content management systems in social business strategies...
- Is There Still a Case for PMO? PMOs haven't always worked for all companies all of the time. Smart companies should review their PMO needs and activities through a PMO...
- Four Myths of High-Productivity App Dev Debunked Debunk the main myths surrounding high-productivity application development and how both platforms have overcome them.
On-Demand Webcast: 7 Reasons to Choose VoIP
Thinking about a new phone system for your business?
Be sure to watch this informative webcast. Steve Strauss, small business columnist for USA...
All Project Management White Papers |