Omnichannel Retail Brings Together Online and Offline Shopping
CIO - The smell of the perfume, the drape of the fabric, the grain of the leather--these sensory experiences are about the only advantage that brick-and-mortar retailers have over online stores when trying to sell merchandise.
Unfortunately for traditional stores, today's shopper carries a smartphone that allows her to scan the price tag in the store and then buy the same thing online for less. The phenomenon, called "showrooming," causes store managers to harrumph about the "scan and scram" shopper.
But what if physical stores had both: the sensory experience of a boutique plus the click-click shopping efficiency and seemingly endless inventory of Amazon.com? What if a sales associate could use a mobile device to order a garment in a different color or size right when the shopper is in the dressing room?
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The value of smarter oil and gas fields With global energy requirements continuing to rise, the exploration, development and production of new oil and gas resources are shifting to increasingly challenging...
Changing the Way Government Works: Four Technology Trends that Drive Down Costs and Increase Productivity
This paper discusses four technology-based approaches to improving processes and increasing
productivity while driving down department and agency costs.
- Accelerating Speed to Market in the Highly Competitive Automotive Industry This White Paper discusses how an Enterprise Project Portfolio Management solution optimizes project analysis, management, reporting and risk mitigation processes to accelerate new...
- Hedge Your Bets This report explains how visibility and increased governance is key to reducing risk.
- Make or Break: New Auto Products Must Go To Market On Time This Webcast quantifies the value of time to market for the auto industry and highlights how Primavera Enterprise Portfolio Management can help organizations.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Government/Industries White Papers | Webcasts