Omnichannel Retail Brings Together Online and Offline Shopping
CIO - The smell of the perfume, the drape of the fabric, the grain of the leather--these sensory experiences are about the only advantage that brick-and-mortar retailers have over online stores when trying to sell merchandise.
Unfortunately for traditional stores, today's shopper carries a smartphone that allows her to scan the price tag in the store and then buy the same thing online for less. The phenomenon, called "showrooming," causes store managers to harrumph about the "scan and scram" shopper.
But what if physical stores had both: the sensory experience of a boutique plus the click-click shopping efficiency and seemingly endless inventory of Amazon.com? What if a sales associate could use a mobile device to order a garment in a different color or size right when the shopper is in the dressing room?
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Manufacturing Outlook: Improving time to market, operational effectiveness and innovation in a highly competitive environment An enterprise project portfolio management solution can help manufacturers position themselves in the new competitive landscape.
- Time-to-Market: The Need for Speed in the Automotive Industry Bringing new vehicles to market quickly has never been more challenging. To bring new models to market on-time and on budget, automakers need...
- Patient Portals: A Platform for Connecting Communities of Care Connecting patient health data across the care continuum is essential to achieve improved care, increased access to personal health records and lowered costs.
- 3 Ways Clinicians Can Leverage a Patient Portal to Craft a Healthcare Community With a bevy of vendors offering patient portal solutions, it can be challenging for a hospital to know where to start. Fortunately, YourCareCommunity...
- Make or Break: New Auto Products Must Go To Market On Time This Webcast quantifies the value of time to market for the auto industry and highlights how Primavera Enterprise Portfolio Management can help organizations.
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All Government/Industries White Papers | Webcasts