Show will go on for SAP user conferences in Spain
After assessing the impact of labor strikes, SAP officials have decided to move forward with the Tech Ed and Sapphire events
IDG News Service - SAP now says it will proceed with two major user conferences set for Madrid next month, after saying earlier this week that it was weighing its options following concerns over labor strikes planned for the same time as the shows.
But the company has also decided to take some precautions and tweak the events' schedules.
"After a review of the potential impact of the general strike and demonstrations called for November 14 on Sapphire Now SAP TechEd, we will be proceeding with some adjustments to the agenda and increased transportation services as we do anticipate possible inconveniences on the day of the strike," SAP said in a message on the events' website.
Workers in Spain, Portugal and Greece are planning simultaneous demonstrations against economic austerity measures.
The main portions of Tech Ed and Sapphire Now are set to run Nov. 13-16, along with a number of pre-conference events on Nov. 11-12.
SAP is expected to give showgoers a major update on its cloud applications strategy, among other news.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris' email address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- 5 Customers Deliver Virtual Desktops and Apps to Empower a Modern Workforce Learn how Citrix solutions helped 5 companies realize the full value of desktop virtualization through a project-by-project approach based on key business priorities.
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily... All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts