Show will go on for SAP user conferences in Spain
After assessing the impact of labor strikes, SAP officials have decided to move forward with the Tech Ed and Sapphire events
IDG News Service - SAP now says it will proceed with two major user conferences set for Madrid next month, after saying earlier this week that it was weighing its options following concerns over labor strikes planned for the same time as the shows.
But the company has also decided to take some precautions and tweak the events' schedules.
"After a review of the potential impact of the general strike and demonstrations called for November 14 on Sapphire Now SAP TechEd, we will be proceeding with some adjustments to the agenda and increased transportation services as we do anticipate possible inconveniences on the day of the strike," SAP said in a message on the events' website.
Workers in Spain, Portugal and Greece are planning simultaneous demonstrations against economic austerity measures.
The main portions of Tech Ed and Sapphire Now are set to run Nov. 13-16, along with a number of pre-conference events on Nov. 11-12.
SAP is expected to give showgoers a major update on its cloud applications strategy, among other news.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris' email address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
Changing the Way Government Works: Four Technology Trends that Drive Down Costs and Increase Productivity
This paper discusses four technology-based approaches to improving processes and increasing
productivity while driving down department and agency costs.
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts