Network World - As more people telecommute, having a reliable way to connect via desktop video conferencing takes on greater importance. And for employees working in the office, Web-based meetings are a less expensive and less time consuming alternative to business travel.
Web-based conferencing services aren't new, but they have been getting better, easier to use and less expensive. The options range from one-on-one desktop screen sharing to group video chats to large-scale presentations such as Webinars or "virtual conferences."
We looked at eight desktop conferencing services, a mix of market leaders and newcomers, including Adobe Connect, Cisco Webex, Citrix GotoMeeting, InterCall Unifed Meeting (in beta with v5), LogMeIn Join.Me Pro, Microsoft Lync 2013 (in beta, and part of Office 365), Skype Premium (now owned by Microsoft), and Vyew.com Professional.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Enterprise Collaboration Strategy An Enterprise Collaboration Strategy will help organizations speed up innovation, better serve customers and quickly pivot to adopt rapidly changing Unified Communications &...
- Box.com and Cisco WebEx - Throwing Down the Gauntlet to the Collaboration Game The recently updated Cisco WebEx for iPad app with new Box integration brings together two very powerful collaboration platforms from Cisco and Box.
- Contact Center Technologies Implementing the right customer contact center tools can boost customer satisfaction and drive down costs. This guide highlights the technologies that are transforming...
- Conferencing Connects: Collaboration Creates Fueled by an explosion in mobile apps, video conferencing is taking hold across organizations. This paper explains how to cost-effectively leverage video conferencing...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,...
- What's New in SharePoint: Social Collaboration for the Mobile Workforce With the release of SharePoint 2013, SharePoint Online became an attractive collaboration platform for many organizations. Not only does the option of a... All Unified Communications White Papers | Webcasts