Labor strikes could affect upcoming SAP user conferences in Madrid
It's not clear whether the events will be canceled or delayed, but SAP is weighing its options
IDG News Service - Labor strikes planned for November in Portugal, Spain and Greece may force the delay or cancellation of SAP's Sapphire Now and Tech Ed conferences in Madrid.
"As you may have seen in the press, the labor unions in Spain, Portugal, and Greece have announced a general strike on November 14, 2012," SAP said in a message on the events' website. "We are reviewing the impact to SAPPHIRE NOW + SAP TechEd Madrid and will share additional information by Friday, October 26."
SAP's events are scheduled for Nov. 13-16 and expected to draw thousands of attendees.
"At this stage we are assessing the situation," SAP spokesman Jim Dever said Wednesday. "That's as much as we can say." SAP decided to put the post on the website "as the responsible thing, to let people know we're aware of [the strikes]."
Among the highlights of the show, if it goes on as planned, will be a keynote from co-CEO Jim Hagemann Snabe, who will discuss the company's cloud computing strategy.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris' email address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant Report For the 7th year in a row, Riverbed is in the "Leaders" Quadrant of the 2014 Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers. In...
- Improving Business Value of WAN Optimization Want to achieve faster ROI with WAN optimization? Read the latest IDC report and discover how you can cut IT costs without compromising...
- IDC ROI Infographic Trends such as evolving communication patterns, connection types, applications and bandwidth can have an impact on enterprise organizations. Learn how IT organizations can...
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts