Network World - A management shake-up at Juniper Networks continues, as Stefan Dyckerhoff has been replaced as executive vice president of Junipers Platform Systems Division by Rami Rahim, who currently leads the companys edge and aggregation routing business unit.
The change is effective Nov. 1, with Dyckerhoff fulfilling a personal aspiration to become a venture capitalist and becoming a consultant to CEO Kevin Johnson, Juniper said in a statement.
SOMETHING TO CROW ABOUT? Juniper: We have 200 QFabric customers now
Dyckerhoffs move comes as Juniper undergoes a restructuring of operations underscored by a 5.4% workforce reduction and the removal of some top managers, all executive vice presidents. RK Anand, who had been the 12th employee hired by Juniper in 1997 and its key engineer on early silicon and software development, left the company after being removed as head of Junipers Data Center Business Unit. Anand had also very briefly been a consultant to CEO Johnson before leaving the company to fund a biological research company, according to sources.
CRN reports that EVPs Mark Bauhaus and John Morris, responsible for services and support, and strategic alliances respectively, have also been shown the door.
Juniper has been struggling to gain traction in markets like data center switching and for growth in its security portfolio. Though company officials say otherwise, its much promoted QFabric data center switching platform has disappointed, gathering only 200 customers in the same two-year timeframe that rival Brocade landed 700 with its competing VDX fabric switch.
Juniper, however, just reported third quarter results that beat Wall Street estimates even though profit was down 21% from last year.
There are reports that Juniper may be preparing to be acquired given its product challenges and lack of execution.
As executive vice president of the Platform Systems Division, Rahim will be responsible for driving strategy, development and business growth for Juniper's portfolio of routing, switching and fabric systems. Rahim is a 15-year veteran of the company and Juniper hopes his success in the companys routing business carries over into its switching business.
"Rami has been with Juniper since its earliest days and is a key architect of Juniper's successful routing business, CEO Johnson said in a statement. His proven expertise in stewarding the development of our innovative portfolio ensures our continued leadership in routing and switching."
Dyckerhoff will consult on technology direction, the Juniper statement said.
Read more about lan and wan in Network World's LAN & WAN section.
- Capabilities You Need in an IP Address Management Solution A mismanaged IP space can cripple an otherwise healthy network. Take a moment to understand what you need in an enterprise-ready IPAM solution.
- IPv6 Fundamentals IPv6 is needed to sustain the growth of the Internet. The transition from IPv4 will require planning and likely some degree of support...
- Fixing Intermittent Performance Problems Intermittent performance problems are among the most frustrating and time-consuming issues IT administrators face. Read this white paper and learn how technology advances...
- 3G/4G Digital Signage Guide Today, the widespread availability of 3G and 4G cellular or wireless broadband networks enables digital signage to be deployed virtually anywhere.
- Live Webcast 5 Steps to Assuring Quality of Experience In order to align monitoring and management practices with the true demands of the business, IT professionals must expand beyond traditional comfort zones...
- Live Webcast Master the Changing SAP Landscape with Performance Management SAP landscapes are not getting simpler. Gradually, business processes that used to be contained on a single SAP system now involve a range...
- Navigating the New Wireless Landscape Thriving in the new wireless landscape View Now>>
- Deep Dive into Advanced Networking and Security with Hybrid Cloud Security and networking are among the top concerns when moving workloads to the cloud. VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™ enables you to extend your... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!