Network World - A management shake-up at Juniper Networks continues, as Stefan Dyckerhoff has been replaced as executive vice president of Junipers Platform Systems Division by Rami Rahim, who currently leads the companys edge and aggregation routing business unit.
The change is effective Nov. 1, with Dyckerhoff fulfilling a personal aspiration to become a venture capitalist and becoming a consultant to CEO Kevin Johnson, Juniper said in a statement.
SOMETHING TO CROW ABOUT? Juniper: We have 200 QFabric customers now
Dyckerhoffs move comes as Juniper undergoes a restructuring of operations underscored by a 5.4% workforce reduction and the removal of some top managers, all executive vice presidents. RK Anand, who had been the 12th employee hired by Juniper in 1997 and its key engineer on early silicon and software development, left the company after being removed as head of Junipers Data Center Business Unit. Anand had also very briefly been a consultant to CEO Johnson before leaving the company to fund a biological research company, according to sources.
CRN reports that EVPs Mark Bauhaus and John Morris, responsible for services and support, and strategic alliances respectively, have also been shown the door.
Juniper has been struggling to gain traction in markets like data center switching and for growth in its security portfolio. Though company officials say otherwise, its much promoted QFabric data center switching platform has disappointed, gathering only 200 customers in the same two-year timeframe that rival Brocade landed 700 with its competing VDX fabric switch.
Juniper, however, just reported third quarter results that beat Wall Street estimates even though profit was down 21% from last year.
There are reports that Juniper may be preparing to be acquired given its product challenges and lack of execution.
As executive vice president of the Platform Systems Division, Rahim will be responsible for driving strategy, development and business growth for Juniper's portfolio of routing, switching and fabric systems. Rahim is a 15-year veteran of the company and Juniper hopes his success in the companys routing business carries over into its switching business.
"Rami has been with Juniper since its earliest days and is a key architect of Juniper's successful routing business, CEO Johnson said in a statement. His proven expertise in stewarding the development of our innovative portfolio ensures our continued leadership in routing and switching."
Dyckerhoff will consult on technology direction, the Juniper statement said.
Read more about lan and wan in Network World's LAN & WAN section.
- Need to Replace MS Threat Management Gateway? Read this article to learn how F5's Secure Web Gateway solution provides a full set of features that can help you successfully migrate...
- The Shortfall of Network Load Balancing Applications running across networks encounter a wide range of performance, security, and availability challenges as IT department strive to deliver fast, secure access...
- Leave No App Behind with Software Defined Application Services F5 Software Defined Application Services (SDAS) is the next-generation model for delivering application services that enables service injection, consumption, automation, and orchestration across...
- Five Key Issues for DNS - The Next Network Management Challenge Since every icon and URL and all embedded content on a website requires a DNS lookup, loading complex sites necessitates hundreds of DNS...
- Live Webcast IBM FlashSystem V840: Leveraging Software-Defined Flash to Drive Your Business With end-to-end, tightly integrated functionality and super-fast flash technology, products like IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution empower businesses to leverage the efficiency...
- DevOps with PureApplication System: Reduce cost and speed delivery with an integrated IBM Cloud solution Join this webcast to hear what ING Netherlands has been able to achieve while deploying DevOps tools from IBM Rational. An ING executive...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different.... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!