iPad Mini vs. Google Nexus 7 vs. Kindle Fire
Computerworld - Here's how the iPad Mini's announced tech specs stack up against popular 7-inch tablets from Google and Amazon. (Of course, while the specs are important, there's more to a tablet than a data sheet. Computerworld will have a hands-on review of the iPad Mini soon.)
Top small tablets compared
|iPad mini||Google Nexus 7||Kindle Fire HD||Kindle Fire HD 8.9"|
|Price||$329 to $659||$199 to $249||$199 to $264||$299 to $614|
|Screen size||7.9 in.||7 in.||7 in.||8.9 in.|
|Screen resolution||1024 x 768 (163 ppi)||1280 x 800 (216 ppi)||1280 x 800||1920 x 1200 (254 ppi)|
|Internal storage||16G, 32G or 64G||8G or 16G||16G or 32G||16, 32G or 64G|
|OS||iOS 6||Android 4.1||Highly customized Android||Highly customized Android|
|Dimensions||7.9 x 5.3 x 0.28 in.||7.8 x 4.7 x 0.4 in.||7.6 x 5.4 x 0.4 in||9.4 x 6.4 x 0.35 in.|
|Weight||10.9 oz.||12 oz.||13.9 oz.||20 oz.|
|Internet||Dual-band Wi-Fi, multiple cell data types||Wi-Fi||Dual-band Wi-FI (exluding ad-hoc nd peer-to-peer), Bluetooth||Dual-band Wi-Fi, 4G LTE|
|Camera||1.2MP 720p front; 5MP 1080p rear||1.2MP front||Front-facing "HD"||Front-facing "HD"|
|Processor||Dual-core A5||Quad-core 1.6GHz Tegra 3||Dual-core 1.2GHz||Dual-core TI TI OMAP4470 1.3GHz+|
|Connectors (all have audio jacks)||Apple Lightning||Micro-USB, NFC||Micro-USB, micro-HDMI for HD video output||Micro-USB, micro-HDMI for HD video output|
|Apps||iOS 6; includes Siri||Any for Android 4.1; includes Google Now||Amazon Store apps only||Amazon Store apps only|
Read more about Tablets in Computerworld's Tablets Topic Center.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
Red Hat Enterprise Linux - The Original Cloud Operating System
Linux adoption is growing against a number of measures, such as the
number of supercomputers that run Linux and the size of the contributing...
- OpenStack Hype vs. Reality: CIO Quick Pulse Open-source architecture can enable IT departments to build infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) clouds running on standard hardware.
- Building a Bridge to the Next Generation Data Center Selecting a widely adopted operating system is a foundational component of a standardization strategy.
- OpenStack and Red Hat: IDC White paper Most OpenStack deployments are by public cloud providers that are early adopters of technology and use OpenStack in a do-it-yourself deployment and support...
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Tablets White Papers | Webcasts