Hertz Improves Customer Experience With Friendlier Kiosks
CIO - Weary travelers don't like waiting in line to rent a car. In 2011, Hertz became the first car rental agency to let customers at airports and neighborhood locations rent cars through a video kiosk featuring face-to-face chat.
The project: At ExpressRent kiosks, customers can complete an entire rental transaction while seeing and hearing a live rental agent located in one of three U.S. customer service centers. With interactive video kiosks now operating in 48 American markets, Hertz reports reduced wait times and improved ancillary sales.
The business case : In 2010, Hertz installed traditional kiosks similar to those airlines use at major U.S. airports. But CIO Joseph Eckroth quickly learned that car-rental transactions are much more complex than checking baggage and choosing a plane seat. Car renters must consider upgrades, insurance plans, gas fill-up programs and car accessories--to name just a few options. And the rental agency requires a driver's license or verified passport.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Mobile Applications Case Study: 8 Billion Transactions a Day The story documents how the online brokerage company tradeMONSTER created a custom mobile app and the success gleaned from this initiative. Also covered...
- The Case for Mobile Apps Today's mobile apps turn handheld devices into e-book readers, portable navigation systems, digital wallets and more. And for organizations with mobile workers, they...
- Mobile Expense Management--Picking up the Money on the Ground Integrating and managing mobility expenses across multiple carriers can generate savings and improve organizational decision making.
- Partners in Mobile Device Management: AirWatch & CDW When it comes to Mobile Device Management, it's not just what you know. It's who you know. That's why CDW partners with industry...
- Live Webcast Best Practices for the Hyperconverged Enterprise Network To the Age of Constant Connectivity and Information overload
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Government Agency Webifies Outdated COBOL Applications Let this CTO tell you how his agency converted 1980s-era green screens into an e-filing portal for the 100,000 cases handled each year...
- Mobile Apps and Devices Slash Customer Cycle Time Consolidated Engineering Laboratories' field employees used to collect data on triplicate forms that were sometimes hard to read and difficult to manage. After...
- Testimonial: Cystic Fibrosis Trust Peter Hawkins, the Head of IT for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, discusses the role CommVault's Simpana software platform plays in improving the company's information... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts