Citrix lets users access PCs and Macs from Kindle Fire
An upgraded application for Android supports multitasking and can connect over 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi networks
IDG News Service - Citrix Systems has released an enhanced GoToMyPC app for Android devices allowing anyone with an Android phone or tablet, including Amazon's Kindle Fire family, to access their Internet-connected Mac or PC over a mobile network.
Features of the app include a 300% zoom, support for multitasking and full keyboard functionality, including keys like Alt, Ctrl and Tab. On PCs, users can also lock the keyboard and blank the screen on the computer they access.
The new app requires Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) or higher.
GoToMyPC apps are available free of charge for iOS on the App Store, and for Android on Google Play and the Amazon Appstore for Android. A GoToMyPC subscription is also required for the host Mac or PC, which costs from $9.95 per month for one computer and one user.
Citrix announced the new Android app at the Citrix Summit partner conference in Barcelona on Monday.
At the event, the company also introduced expansion of its Citrix Ready technology verification program.
There are now verifications for thin clients and zero clients that have implemented HDX, as well as verifications for cloud applications, technologies and solutions have been tested and work with Citrix's Cloudstack-based CloudPlatform.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant Report For the 7th year in a row, Riverbed is in the "Leaders" Quadrant of the 2014 Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers. In...
- Improving Business Value of WAN Optimization Want to achieve faster ROI with WAN optimization? Read the latest IDC report and discover how you can cut IT costs without compromising...
- Four Little-Known Ways WAN Optimization Can Benefit Your Organization Read this white paper to learn how far WAN optimization has come, and how to make this most of your investments by using...
- IDC ROI Infographic Trends such as evolving communication patterns, connection types, applications and bandwidth can have an impact on enterprise organizations. Learn how IT organizations can...
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- It's not too late...Get Your Mobile Questions Answered Live! How can IT provide seamless and secure mobile communications and collaboration for all? Join this live Webcast as IDG asks an expert panel... All Laptops White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!