Citrix lets users access PCs and Macs from Kindle Fire
An upgraded application for Android supports multitasking and can connect over 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi networks
IDG News Service - Citrix Systems has released an enhanced GoToMyPC app for Android devices allowing anyone with an Android phone or tablet, including Amazon's Kindle Fire family, to access their Internet-connected Mac or PC over a mobile network.
Features of the app include a 300% zoom, support for multitasking and full keyboard functionality, including keys like Alt, Ctrl and Tab. On PCs, users can also lock the keyboard and blank the screen on the computer they access.
The new app requires Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) or higher.
GoToMyPC apps are available free of charge for iOS on the App Store, and for Android on Google Play and the Amazon Appstore for Android. A GoToMyPC subscription is also required for the host Mac or PC, which costs from $9.95 per month for one computer and one user.
Citrix announced the new Android app at the Citrix Summit partner conference in Barcelona on Monday.
At the event, the company also introduced expansion of its Citrix Ready technology verification program.
There are now verifications for thin clients and zero clients that have implemented HDX, as well as verifications for cloud applications, technologies and solutions have been tested and work with Citrix's Cloudstack-based CloudPlatform.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- HP HAVEn: See the big picture in Big Data HP HAVEn is the industry's first comprehensive, scalable, open, and secure platform for Big Data. Enterprises are drowning in a sea of data...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All Laptops White Papers | Webcasts