Citrix lets users access PCs and Macs from Kindle Fire
An upgraded application for Android supports multitasking and can connect over 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi networks
IDG News Service - Citrix Systems has released an enhanced GoToMyPC app for Android devices allowing anyone with an Android phone or tablet, including Amazon's Kindle Fire family, to access their Internet-connected Mac or PC over a mobile network.
Features of the app include a 300% zoom, support for multitasking and full keyboard functionality, including keys like Alt, Ctrl and Tab. On PCs, users can also lock the keyboard and blank the screen on the computer they access.
The new app requires Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) or higher.
GoToMyPC apps are available free of charge for iOS on the App Store, and for Android on Google Play and the Amazon Appstore for Android. A GoToMyPC subscription is also required for the host Mac or PC, which costs from $9.95 per month for one computer and one user.
Citrix announced the new Android app at the Citrix Summit partner conference in Barcelona on Monday.
At the event, the company also introduced expansion of its Citrix Ready technology verification program.
There are now verifications for thin clients and zero clients that have implemented HDX, as well as verifications for cloud applications, technologies and solutions have been tested and work with Citrix's Cloudstack-based CloudPlatform.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Infographic: Converged Infrastructure Benefits This Infographic quantifies the savings organizations are realizing from increased deployment speed, higher availability, and lower annual costs.
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- Going Paperless? Here's What You Need to Think About As makers of some of the world's most popular PDF solutions, we often consult with businesses & governmental agencies that have the goal...
- The Big Data Opportunity for HR and Finance If CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and CHROs want to drive their businesses forward, they will need to quickly recognize the enormous value of big...
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- Building Tomorrow's Infrastructure Listen to this podcast to discover how Crider Foods worked with PC Connection to update their IT infrastructure, while maintaining compliance and control. All Laptops White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!