Citrix lets users access PCs and Macs from Kindle Fire
An upgraded application for Android supports multitasking and can connect over 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi networks
IDG News Service - Citrix Systems has released an enhanced GoToMyPC app for Android devices allowing anyone with an Android phone or tablet, including Amazon's Kindle Fire family, to access their Internet-connected Mac or PC over a mobile network.
Features of the app include a 300% zoom, support for multitasking and full keyboard functionality, including keys like Alt, Ctrl and Tab. On PCs, users can also lock the keyboard and blank the screen on the computer they access.
The new app requires Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) or higher.
GoToMyPC apps are available free of charge for iOS on the App Store, and for Android on Google Play and the Amazon Appstore for Android. A GoToMyPC subscription is also required for the host Mac or PC, which costs from $9.95 per month for one computer and one user.
Citrix announced the new Android app at the Citrix Summit partner conference in Barcelona on Monday.
At the event, the company also introduced expansion of its Citrix Ready technology verification program.
There are now verifications for thin clients and zero clients that have implemented HDX, as well as verifications for cloud applications, technologies and solutions have been tested and work with Citrix's Cloudstack-based CloudPlatform.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Pivotal Melds Big Data and Platform-as-a-service The value of Information has increased, so has the business's thirst for more information. Access to data and collaboration are at the heart...
- Operationalizing the Buzz: Big Data 2013 The 2013 EMA/9sight Big Data research surveyed 259 business and technology stakeholders around the world.
- The Pivotal Big Data Suite- Reducing the Risks of Big Data The explosion of big data and the rapid evolution of big data tools and technologies is challenging IT to meet the demands of...
- The Principles of the Business Data Lake The Business Data Lake is a new approach to information management, analytics and reporting that better matches the culture of business and better...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily...
- On Demand: Mastering the Art of Mobile Content Management Mobile device usage in the enterprise has skyrocketed, and it continues to escalate. IT must answer to users who demand access to their... All Laptops White Papers | Webcasts