Citrix lets users access PCs and Macs from Kindle Fire
An upgraded application for Android supports multitasking and can connect over 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi networks
IDG News Service - Citrix Systems has released an enhanced GoToMyPC app for Android devices allowing anyone with an Android phone or tablet, including Amazon's Kindle Fire family, to access their Internet-connected Mac or PC over a mobile network.
Features of the app include a 300% zoom, support for multitasking and full keyboard functionality, including keys like Alt, Ctrl and Tab. On PCs, users can also lock the keyboard and blank the screen on the computer they access.
The new app requires Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) or higher.
GoToMyPC apps are available free of charge for iOS on the App Store, and for Android on Google Play and the Amazon Appstore for Android. A GoToMyPC subscription is also required for the host Mac or PC, which costs from $9.95 per month for one computer and one user.
Citrix announced the new Android app at the Citrix Summit partner conference in Barcelona on Monday.
At the event, the company also introduced expansion of its Citrix Ready technology verification program.
There are now verifications for thin clients and zero clients that have implemented HDX, as well as verifications for cloud applications, technologies and solutions have been tested and work with Citrix's Cloudstack-based CloudPlatform.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All Laptops White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!